Coventry fans yesterday

were some of the most entitled arseholes I've ever met. Bloody hell. You'd have thought they were Leicester the way they were going on. Apparently, we're 'tinpot carrot crunchers who should know their place' according to three or four who were heading back on the train after the game (we won 2-1 btw).

Luton 'cheated' them out of their rightful place in the Prem. I cheekily said 'surely you cheated Sunderland in the semi then? They were a lot better than you over the season?' One of them threatened me with a pasting. He looked about fourteen.

I was at the game, chatted with a couple of Ipswich ladies before the game, - lovely people who showed us a short cut to our section of the ground. had a nice meal and a few beers in an Ipswich pub with another 20 odd Coventry fans who were all courteous to the staff and other customers. Not having us all tarred with the same brush. Some idiots follow us, and you will find the same at the majority of clubs. Ipswich fans I met were all sound, bar one mouthy youth. Anyway, you were the better team overall, and the second goal was a worldiy. Well played, but no need trying to score internet points on a forum where you hope you'll get likes for spouting this sort of stuff.

I was at the game, chatted with a couple of Ipswich ladies before the game, - lovely people who showed us a short cut to our section of the ground. had a nice meal and a few beers in an Ipswich pub with another 20 odd Coventry fans who were all courteous to the staff and other customers. Not having us all tarred with the same brush. Some idiots follow us, and you will find the same at the majority of clubs. Ipswich fans I met were all sound, bar one mouthy youth. Anyway, you were the better team overall, and the second goal was a worldiy. Well played, but no need trying to score internet points on a forum where you hope you'll get likes for spouting this sort of stuff.
Go lob some piss at children or summat

Last edited:
were some of the most entitled arseholes I've ever met. Bloody hell. You'd have thought they were Leicester the way they were going on. Apparently, we're 'tinpot carrot crunchers who should know their place' according to three or four who were heading back on the train after the game (we won 2-1 btw).

Luton 'cheated' them out of their rightful place in the Prem. I cheekily said 'surely you cheated Sunderland in the semi then? They were a lot better than you over the season?' One of them threatened me with a pasting. He looked about fourteen.
They’re an embarrassment
Horrible bunch

Interestingly, their ticket details haven’t been released. I wonder if they have had the allocation absolutely hammered? Maybe 1000 max?

I've heard 1500 and announce tomorrow.

Can't see many being excited by it and it will be slow to sell out. Played many times in recent years and it's a long, expensive trip the day before Christmas Eve. We're also paying £47 for Leeds 7 days before.
Coventry fans calling other clubs tin pot. :lol: They’re a poxy little village outfit.

Sunderland was a town when most of us were born 😉

Some of us are actually quite sensitive you know!

Anyway, the 23rd is a real pain in the arse - it would have meant a flight into NCL for me, two nights in a hotel, then getting rip-off trains back down on Christmas Eve. So unfortunately you will not have the pleasure of my company this year.

Had a quick look for the first time in months to see if there was any mention of our upcoming fixture, and sure enough..

Enjoyed my trip to Ipswich yesterday. Totally outplayed. Love Portman Road as an away trip. One of my favourites.

Spoke to a few Ipswich fans who were mates with a friend of mine. No issues, and good conversation.

Not all bad, despite what people think. We've got our idiots, as every club.
Enjoyed my trip to Ipswich yesterday. Totally outplayed. Love Portman Road as an away trip. One of my favourites.

Spoke to a few Ipswich fans who were mates with a friend of mine. No issues, and good conversation.

Not all bad, despite what people think. We've got our idiots, as every club.
No you’re a bit like the mags and Portsmouth you have a lot more idiots than most 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just had a quick look at the league. 4pts outside of the play offs with a game in hand. Leeds, Southampton, Ipswich & Hull still to play, but they’ve also got an FA Cup Semi final to play, which might come as a huge distraction as they’ve got 5 league games before it. Hull’s drew their last 4, surprised to see Norwich 5th in the form table as they were pretty poor against a very poor us, but hold the last play off spot. Preston still in with a shout. West Brom will throw it away if they dint get there.

Sure there’ll be twists & turns, but wouldn’t be surprised to see the West Brom & Norwich hold onto the last two places.

Just had a quick look at the league. 4pts outside of the play offs with a game in hand. Leeds, Southampton, Ipswich & Hull still to play, but they’ve also got an FA Cup Semi final to play, which might come as a huge distraction as they’ve got 5 league games before it. Hull’s drew their last 4, surprised to see Norwich 5th in the form table as they were pretty poor against a very poor us, but hold the last play off spot. Preston still in with a shout. West Brom will throw it away if they dint get there.

Sure there’ll be twists & turns, but wouldn’t be surprised to see the West Brom & Norwich hold onto the last two places.

I was certain that this will boil down to the last 10 mins of the last game. And it's starting to prove right.

We're buoyant due to our Semi-final but sensible fans will acknowledge that it'll be a push to get either the Playoffs or past Man Utd. We've got a small squad and the number of games we've had to reschedule will come back and hurt us. Hull on the Wednesday after the Semi and now Ipswich midweek as well. 5 games in the last 2 weeks of the season. The only week from now without a midweek game is the week before the Semi.

We'd need help to get in the Playoffs though one defeat for any of the 4-5 clubs chasing would change things around significantly. And getting past United, that'd need them to underperform badly for us to have a serious shot at the Final. And if that luck drops in our laps then, unless Chelsea can beat Man City, we've no chance of lifting the Cup.

Considering where we started (20th place in September) and where we've got to, this season could be considered a success for us already. It builds a solid base for a real attempt at promotion next season.

Agree with you. It's for WBA to gift away and I can't see them doing that. And 6th spot to Norwich. They've got the form. Hull have the squad but their pattern of recent draws has brought their leap up to a stuttering crawl. Preston are a solid side but I can't see them overtaking Norwich or Hull.

Norwich vs Ipswich in the Playoffs ?

Back