Coventry City

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really don't understand the logic of people baying for supporters to cease their grudge against Coventry.

What difference does it make?

Nothing that any of us thinks has the slightest effect on Coventry City so why does it bother people?

So some people want them to go to the bottom, so what ....... someone has to be at the bottom, what right do they have not to go down?

One of the saddest things I've read on here for a long time, and that's saying something.
The saddest thing is they cheated and every older Sunderland supporter & my Grandfather (who long passed away 1981 was furious) what happened to us that year. To have Jimmy Hill on Match of Day mock us every chance he could get is the real truth. That club needs to go bankrupt and not one older Sunderland supporter will shed a tear....Newcastle is not my most hated club it's Coventry...

The saddest thing is they cheated and every older Sunderland supporter & my Grandfather (who long passed away 1981 was furious) what happened to us that year. To have Jimmy Hill on Match of Day mock us every chance he could get is the real truth. That club needs to go bankrupt and not one older Sunderland supporter will shed a tear....Newcastle is not my most hated club it's Coventry...

I wouldn't gan that far like :lol:

I don't like Coventry but there's probably nothing on this earth I detest more than NUFC. Not many things more anyway. Maybe the Tory party.

All this cheated stuff is typical of the weak as piss excuse making shite I see on here day in day out, wether it be referees doing us or the FA, media etc it's f***ing tiresome. End of day it was in our own hands going into last day of that season, you really can't ask for much more than that. We blew it by not being good enough, yes a stroke was pulled but we gave them the opportunity to pull it.

My grandfather and father included.
Jimmy Hill cheated, the people involved in running them at the time cheated, the fans didn't cheat.

If you hate Coventry more than Newcastle you're pretty weird in all honesty.

It wouldn't be so bad if a similar thing hadn't happened in '97. I'm still not sure how 5,000 Coventry fans were delayed getting into White Hart Lane when around 10,000 Sunderland fans got to Selhurst Park in good time. It was sort of tempered by my being more pissed off that the match officials didn't insist on kick-off being delayed until Coventry kicked off and that Paul Stewart missed a chance even Jozy Altidore would have buried for us.

Still, bloody Coventry again. I was 10 when Jimmy Hill done his dirty deed and, though I try not to speak ill of the dead, I can feel my blood pressure rising whenever I hear that name. Not just for what happened that night but that he insisted on sitting on the disciplinary panel investigating that evening and had a say in what 'punishment' might be meted out. It stank to high heaven at the time.

I can understand why those of us who remember that time are so unforgiving. I don't wish Coventry City any ill now will but my sympathy for their current predicament extends to just a shrug of the shoulders and a thought of 'f***ing smash that, Richard f***ing Keys.'

All this cheated stuff is typical of the weak as piss excuse making shite I see on here day in day out, wether it be referees doing us or the FA, media etc it's f***ing tiresome. End of day it was in our own hands going into last day of that season, you really can't ask for much more than that. We blew it by not being good enough, yes a stroke was pulled but we gave them the opportunity to pull it.

Bollocks, that was blatant cheating and effected the outcome of the league, there's a f***ing good reason these games kick off together. If they kicked off at the same time and played the 90 minutes at full tempo and it ended up a draw, no one would have give a flying fuck about jimmy hill or Coventry the next season, nevermind 4 decades later. Fuck them...

Bollocks, that was blatant cheating and effected the outcome of the league, there's a f***ing good reason these games kick off together. If they kicked off at the same time and played the 90 minutes at full tempo and it ended up a draw, no one would have give a flying fuck about jimmy hill or Coventry the next season, nevermind 4 decades later. Fuck them...
It was in our hands, we weren't good enough over the season. Can't blame 15 minutes of an entire campaign for our demise.

It's been over a few days since we last had a thread about them.

Sky blue filth now 17 points from safety :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hopefully returning to their rightful home at Northampton after their last season at the Ricoh next year :):):):):):)
heading to wembley though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back