Cov Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone been to St Andrews before ... Just reading about parking ...

There is no parking available at the ground for visiting supporters. On Cattell Road going past the ground and the Roost pub is the Church of God and Prophecy that offers parking for £5. As it lies just outside the area of road closures it can mean a relatively quick getaway after the match has ended. There is a fair amount of street parking available in the area, but on the other side of the stadium to the main entrance (which is not a bad thing as it can mean an easier getaway after the match has ended especially if the main Coventry Road leading up to the ground, is closed one hour before kick off and then for an hour after the end of the game, as it is for Birmingham City games). To find the street parking area then following the directions above, then at the third roundabout, where there is a Big John's on the left and a Mercedes Dealership on the right, take the first exit onto Garrison Lane. Then take the next right turn at the old Garrison Lane pub (now closed but the former meeting place of the original Peaky Blinders) into Witton Street. There is street parking in this area, although still make sure you get there relatively early 90 minutes before kick off to get a space.

I googled that Church on the basis the car would be safe there for the duration of the game, and it comes back at 8miles from the ground? As anyone parked near the ground on previous visits. Dont mind street parking or matchday parking for a fiver? In nee rush to get out but want the car to be safe

Has anyone been to St Andrews before ... Just reading about parking ...

There is no parking available at the ground for visiting supporters. On Cattell Road going past the ground and the Roost pub is the Church of God and Prophecy that offers parking for £5. As it lies just outside the area of road closures it can mean a relatively quick getaway after the match has ended. There is a fair amount of street parking available in the area, but on the other side of the stadium to the main entrance (which is not a bad thing as it can mean an easier getaway after the match has ended especially if the main Coventry Road leading up to the ground, is closed one hour before kick off and then for an hour after the end of the game, as it is for Birmingham City games). To find the street parking area then following the directions above, then at the third roundabout, where there is a Big John's on the left and a Mercedes Dealership on the right, take the first exit onto Garrison Lane. Then take the next right turn at the old Garrison Lane pub (now closed but the former meeting place of the original Peaky Blinders) into Witton Street. There is street parking in this area, although still make sure you get there relatively early 90 minutes before kick off to get a space.

I googled that Church on the basis the car would be safe there for the duration of the game, and it comes back at 8miles from the ground? As anyone parked near the ground on previous visits. Dont mind street parking or matchday parking for a fiver? In nee rush to get out but want the car to be safe

Park in the City centre, walk out to the ground

Seriously - stop it. Absolutely no bother this season at any Coventry home game.
Two 'incidents' - Blackpool youth slapped a couple of old people (sad)
Birmingham (sort of expectedly) 'marked their territory' at our 'home' cup game.
Mainly old folk and diehard 'supporters' who attend.
You are all welcome, enjoy the game - behave (like the majority of you would, anyway) But no 'be on your guard' mentality required.

I know a few cov fans through work, and it got tiresome explaining that we weren't going to destroy the memorial garden last year. The rumour which seems to have caused all the bother came from a Coventry forum, but was perpetuated on various forms of social media.

The cov people I know, and those who post on here have never been able to explain the source of the 'threats', yet have been happy to lay the blame for last seasons bother at the feet of our fans.

There was a video of one of our idiots chanting, whilst massively pissed, at a statue. But if that was cause for the retribution meted out on our fans, then some perspective is needed.
The meaning of irony.

Sunderland. The team found guilty of cheating on more than one occasion.

Aye, perhaps you should fccuk off to your own forum 😉

Last edited:
I know a few cov fans through work, and it got tiresome explaining that we weren't going to destroy the memorial garden last year. The rumour which seems to have caused all the bother came from a Coventry forum, but was perpetuated on various forms of social media.

The cov people I know, and those who post on here have never been able to explain the source of the 'threats', yet have been happy to lay the blame for last seasons bother at the feet of our fans.

There was a video of one of our idiots chanting, whilst massively pissed, at a statue. But if that was cause for the retribution meted out on our fans, then some perspective is needed.

Aye, perhaps you should fccuk off to your own forum p
Perspective?

Look at how some of your supporters talk about us. Lots were saying what they were going to do to our memorial garden. Yes it brought out some of our knuckle draggers. But that would be like finding the worse of the Sunderland support and making out you are all like it so deserve what you get.

That is perspective.

Perspective?

Look at how some of your supporters talk about us. Lots were saying what they were going to do to our memorial garden. Yes it brought out some of our knuckle draggers. But that would be like finding the worse of the Sunderland support and making out you are all like it so deserve what you get.

That is perspective.

Who? Seriously, a rumour was spread by your fans, who were never able to quantify where it came from. If you can point me to where the threats came from I'd have a pot more respect for your post. Instead, feel free to apologise on behalf of the potus who thought it was ok to hurl piss down on families at our ground.

Perspective?

That is perspective.

What a pile of shite.

I don't of anyone who knew in advance of last season's game at your place that the garden even existed. Nor do I recall any mention of it on any forums.

Provide the evidence that 'lots' of our fans threatened to damage the garden, then I'll apologise. If, as I suspect you can't, then go and fuck yourself.

What a pile of shite.

I don't of anyone who knew in advance of last season's game at your place that the garden even existed. Nor do I recall any mention of it on any forums.

Provide the evidence that 'lots' of our fans threatened to damage the garden, then I'll apologise. If, as I suspect you can't, then go and fuck yourself.
Thank you. Love the politeness of some keyboard warriors on here.

It was pretty obvious at both games last season that the more intellectually-challenged of Coventry inhabitants chose our games for a day-out to act like p!ssed-up cocks. I've no reason to believe that they won't want to do the same just because the game is at St Andrews. Being 'on your guard' sounds like good advice to me.

have no doubts that our lads can handle their bad manners should they show them

Who? Seriously, a rumour was spread by your fans, who were never able to quantify where it came from. If you can point me to where the threats came from I'd have a pot more respect for your post. Instead, feel free to apologise on behalf of the potus who thought it was ok to hurl piss down on families at our ground.
So it will be easy to find messages left over a year ago? How about on here? Put a search in on Jimmy Hill and you will get thousands of hits. That is how sad it is. A club that has been found guilty of cheating more than once can't get over a game nearly 50 years ago where neither side needed to score but letting a goal in would have sent them down so they spent 10 minutes not attacking. Q
Seriously, if you dont like it piss off rather trying and failing to stir shit up.

Btw is that portofino or grigio?
I love you too.

Can I suggest we just talk about the footie match. Sunderland are in cracking form and Coventry are in cracking form. Let's hope it's a cracking game (though either side will be happy if it's rubbish, as long as they win, or at least don't lose). As i'm a 'guest' on this forum I think it's interesting to get another perspective on getting other fans' points of view, without throwing unnecessary insults about.

So it will be easy to find messages left over a year ago? How about on here? Put a search in on Jimmy Hill and you will get thousands of hits. That is how sad it is. A club that has been found guilty of cheating more than once can't get over a game nearly 50 years ago where neither side needed to score but letting a goal in would have sent them down so they spent 10 minutes not attacking. Q

I love you too.

Ah well, as per last year, unable to substantiate the rumour. Clearly on a fishing trip. Congratulations.

Yet again you're asked to provide proof for something you claim and yet again we're still waiting.
Would you like to find something from over a year ago when some chat so much shit on the subject it would be nearly impossible to find?

Managed to find some on here last year. It took ages to find. But I suppose you don't have idiots in your support.
I wonder why he cant provide proof. Apparently it's because it's now too late.
Like someone a couple of days ago that said nobody had said something. I quoted a post by him that same day saying what he said nobody had said.

Last edited:
Literally nobody threatened to destroy the memorial garden. There were similar arguments last year about the source of the rumour and low and behold nobody could find proof of any Sunderland fan threatening this, so you won't find any proof now. It was made up bollocks on the Coventry forum.

Can I suggest we just talk about the footie match. Sunderland are in cracking form and Coventry are in cracking form. Let's hope it's a cracking game (though either side will be happy if it's rubbish, as long as they win, or at least don't lose). As i'm a 'guest' on this forum I think it's interesting to get another perspective on getting other fans' points of view, without throwing unnecessary insults about.

I fancied Coventry to win the league this season, wasn't so sure when they started playing at Birmingham, but were they playing at their home ground they'd walk this league at a canter. If there's a good measure of SAFC having no money then it's that we weren't in for a couple of their forwards in the summer after they absolutely tortured us last season. 'Thought they looked a good team, couldn't understand why they weren't top two because every time they went forward they'd managed to get themselves acres of space and had the pace to capitalise on it.

Can't see anything other than a home win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back