Cov Away

Any one know of the best place to park (street parking or official match day)

not bothered about getting away straight after the game, happy to trundle back to the car post game

Seriously - stop it. Absolutely no bother this season at any Coventry home game.
Two 'incidents' - Blackpool youth slapped a couple of old people (sad)
Birmingham (sort of expectedly) 'marked their territory' at our 'home' cup game.
Mainly old folk and diehard 'supporters' who attend.
You are all welcome, enjoy the game - behave (like the majority of you would, anyway) But no 'be on your guard' mentality required.
I hear you, but what about the gang who attacked a pub in Sunderland. Will they be all cuddly on their home territory. Will that cov fan who r 7andomly attacked one of our fans out side the SoL apologise and buy pints for all?

You were complete dicks home and away last season, so why not be wary?

Last edited:
Cheers - can already check in online so would only need to leave enough time to get through security and get to the gate..

I'm half thinking it's more sensible to leave 15 mins early and get a taxi back into New Street to get a 10 minute train - avoids traffic
Birmingham airport is a piece of piss to get through quickly to be fair, especially with just hand luggage. As a precaution it's worth buying fast track security though, £3.50 for the privilege and can save a lot of time.

It probably is worth leaving a few minutes early and getting a taxi to be on the safe side. Should be more than enough time to get there and possibly have a celebratory pint as well.

I hear you, but what about the gang who attacked a pub in Sunderland. Will they be all cuddly on their home territory. Will that cov fan who r 7andomly attacked one of our fans out side the SoL apologise and buy pints for all?

You were complete dicks home and away last season, so why not be wary?

Understand your point, and was at The Ricoh for that game - idiots who threw stuff need locking up. Can't condone anyone attacking anyone (but said idiot is unlikely to get a round in). The twits haven't followed us to St Andrew's (do, occasionally. to away games) and I am 100% confident that there will be no trouble from our side for the home game - hasn't happened once in the approx 16 'home' games (apart from a handful of Blackpool youth and (a lot of) Blues' 'Zulus). Nobody need be wary, and wouldn't like to think of any Sunderland fan not coming because they thought there might be issues

Last edited:
Understand your point, and was at The Ricoh for that game - idiots who threw stuff need locking up. Can't condone anyone attacking anyone (but said idiot is unlikely to get a round in). The twits haven't followed us to St Andrew's (do, occasionally. to away games) and I am 100% confident that there will be no trouble from our side for the home game - hasn't happened once in the approx 16 'home' games (apart from a handful of Blackpool youth and (a lot of) Blues' 'Zulus). Nobody need be wary, and wouldn't like to think of any Sunderland fan not coming because they thought there might be issues
Fair enough. Suspect it wouldn't stop anyone going anyway but good to know.

Got room for 2 little ones in the car going down, anywhere on route from Sunderland .. leaving 630am to get there for 10:00/10:30 - Heading back after game

Potentially daft scenario, want to go to this game but going on holiday straight after, flight from Brum airport at 4pm.

Will need to go straight to the airport from St Andrews in a taxi or by train, any idea of what I can do with my suitcase for the match? Only hand luggage so am I likely to be allowed into the ground with it?

Not sure about the luggage thing. I ll ask a steward saturday if i can remember.

In terms of a taxi, i would leave early if you are short on time. The one road gets completely closed off now & the other is the road to the away end (mcdonalds island & dunelm).

I would order an uber on your phone as you are leaving the ground and wait at dunelm or something. The further you walk into digbeth the easier a taxi will be. Anything right by ground will be impossible/shit.

For anyone getting a taxi to the ground from city centre, make sure you ask to be dropped at mcdonalds side not the other. I ve seen so many away lads having to get out taxis outside the george (home pub) because the roads blocked off that way. Will be full of cov id imagine & you will most likely end up in trouble.

Im at qpr that day so if i get back & our pubs are smashed up someones copping it..

Good post.

However I believe ‘the twits’ will make the trip for this one.

There’s obviously bad blood between sections of both support so they’ll likely make the trip for this one imo.

Also if mags are wanting tickets in the home end, they’ll try to cause bother no doubt...

Any one know of the best place to park (street parking or official match day)

not bothered about getting away straight after the game, happy to trundle back to the car post game

There are quite a few places but better to park on the away end side as it's pretty obvious you're an away fan walking in the opposite direction to everyone else if you park the other side. Or just park in town and walk down.

Potentially daft scenario, want to go to this game but going on holiday straight after, flight from Brum airport at 4pm.

Will need to go straight to the airport from St Andrews in a taxi or by train, any idea of what I can do with my suitcase for the match? Only hand luggage so am I likely to be allowed into the ground with it?
could ask a nearby shop/bar to hold it for you.

Back