Cov Away

Hav
Where do we start?

just take a read of this ...

Have you read it yourself?

I'd be happy with a draw, as long as we beat Fleetwood. I used to play for Fleetwood at semi pro level and still find it bizarre to be typing that initial statement. :confused:

On the way back from Rochdale, we were discussing whether we'd take a draw against Rotherham (Tuesday) and you, Think we would. Obviously both sides want a win, but nobody wants to lose! If we beat Rotherham and you beat Fleetwood, we can do that tippy tappy stuff in the centre circle for 90 minutes if you are up for it? ;)

I'd be happy with a draw, as long as we beat Fleetwood. I used to play for Fleetwood at semi pro level and still find it bizarre to be typing that initial statement.
On the way back from Rochdale, we were discussing whether we'd take a draw against Rotherham (Tuesday) and you, Think we would. Obviously both sides want a win, but nobody wants to lose! If we beat Rotherham and you beat Fleetwood, we can do that tippy tappy stuff in the centre circle for 90 minutes if you are up for it? ;)

That might create some kind of love in

Tip tap ya head?

I am fully aware of what went on as I was at the game but you can’t change history. This has only been brought back to life over the past couple of years, I think it’s time to leave it in the past.

Where do we start?

just take a read of this ...

A very well written article, I agree with the writer, it’s time to leave it in the past.

A very well written article, I agree with the writer, it’s time to leave it in the past.

Tend to agree with those sentiments. TBH its Jimmyy Hill that was the problem and not necessarily the clubs or Cov fans imo. Unfortunately over the past few years animosity has grown from both sets of fans via the internet.

Didnt travel to Coventry last season but Im led to believe that there were a few stone throwing incidents started by Cov Fans

There's no doubt whatsoever that a small hooligan element from Coventry came to the SOL last season with the sole intent of causing bother. And they did.

These incidents just 'spoil' it for the majority of both teams fans who attend purely to watch the match and not cause bother

Unfortunately this has just stoked up the hatred amongst some of the fans

Get ready for the snowball fight, three inches of snar forecast for overnight fri/Saturday.
Annoyed at the timing of this one, closest away game for me and I’m away in London for the weekend :evil:

Edit; forget the snowball fight, just checked the latest update and it’s just possibly an inch during the day Friday but won’t stick with the temperature. Blustery again though.

Last edited:
I am fully aware of what went on as I was at the game but you can’t change history. This has only been brought back to life over the past couple of years, I think it’s time to leave it in the past.
Sign of the times, social media and all that. My first trip to Cov was ‘85 (we won 0-1 to put you right in the mire.....of course we went down and you stayed up). Point being that was 8 years after the ‘incident’ but I remember no edge at all that day because of it. Fast Forward 40 odd years and everyone is now foaming about it, resulting in bother at both games last season. People wanna give it a rest imo.

Sign of the times, social media and all that. My first trip to Cov was ‘85 (we won 0-1 to put you right in the mire.....of course we went down and you stayed up). Point being that was 8 years after the ‘incident’ but I remember no edge at all that day because of it. Fast Forward 40 odd years and everyone is now foaming about it, resulting in bother at both games last season. People wanna give it a rest imo.

Agreed - we played each other loads of times after the '77 match. No social media, no bother at the games, and barely got mentioned. T'interweb got invented and people (a lot who weren't even there/born) have fanned the flames. No need. Let's hope we both go up (and probably moan about each other in The Championship!)

Back