Cov Away

Let's hope this goes off without any trouble.
First time poster. I have been a Coventry ST holder for over 40 years (apart from our stay at Northampton and this year at SA, although I have been up 7/8 times)
I will get a pasting from City fans for saying that Sunderland are a team I have time and respect for. I was born at Easington and the 1st generation of our family never to work down the pit.All my family were from Houghton and Hetton and all worked at Eppleton pit. All my family were Sunderland fans and I remember my dad and grandda used to get the mini bus from the Three Tuns at Hetton on match days.
My mam and dad moved down here when I was really young. Started going to watch Coventry when I was 5 or 6 with the fella across the road and watched them ever since.
It's always saddened me what happened during the City v Bristol game, but it wasn't the fans fault this happened. It was totally unsporting, but I think any team would have also just played out the last few minutes playing tappy ball.Anyway, it's history and I even have some German friends.....
Nothing would give me greater pleasure than for both of us to go up by the autos, not even bothered who comes first.
We have both had a shit few years run by pretty shit owners who will drift away when it suits them leaving the fans to pick up the pieces. Both getting promoted will hopefully push a sale through quicker for us both.
I hope you don't mind me posting here as a genuine football fan, although I'm bound to get abuse from some for wasting 2 minutes of their time!
Really pleased that Willis is playing well for you, he's a good man both on and off the field.
Best of luck for the rest of the season, be seeing you next year in the Championship, hopefully back at the home of rugby in Coventry.

First time poster. I have been a Coventry ST holder for over 40 years (apart from our stay at Northampton and this year at SA, although I have been up 7/8 times)
I will get a pasting from City fans for saying that Sunderland are a team I have time and respect for. I was born at Easington and the 1st generation of our family never to work down the pit.All my family were from Houghton and Hetton and all worked at Eppleton pit. All my family were Sunderland fans and I remember my dad and grandda used to get the mini bus from the Three Tuns at Hetton on match days.
My mam and dad moved down here when I was really young. Started going to watch Coventry when I was 5 or 6 with the fella across the road and watched them ever since.
It's always saddened me what happened during the City v Bristol game, but it wasn't the fans fault this happened. It was totally unsporting, but I think any team would have also just played out the last few minutes playing tappy ball.Anyway, it's history and I even have some German friends.....
Nothing would give me greater pleasure than for both of us to go up by the autos, not even bothered who comes first.
We have both had a shit few years run by pretty shit owners who will drift away when it suits them leaving the fans to pick up the pieces. Both getting promoted will hopefully push a sale through quicker for us both.
I hope you don't mind me posting here as a genuine football fan, although I'm bound to get abuse from some for wasting 2 minutes of their time!
Really pleased that Willis is playing well for you, he's a good man both on and off the field.
Best of luck for the rest of the season, be seeing you next year in the Championship, hopefully back at the home of rugby in Coventry.

I hope we both go up as well. I don't like Sunderland but I respect them. It's a decent fixture with a bit of edge. I'd take that over some shite town away day in the Championship any day.

Saying that we sold 5k last season for a 12 kick off (on sat though iirc)
Top support
It was on a Saturday, plenty of trains to get you there in decent time. If we win Saturday I think we will sell out and if we beat Fleetwood on the Tuesday we’ll be asking for more tickets.

You got a pub in mind, will need to be child friendly as my cousins 7 yr old is coming as well, got the bug big time.

It was on a Saturday, plenty of trains to get you there in decent time. If we win Saturday I think we will sell out and if we beat Fleetwood on the Tuesday we’ll be asking for more tickets.

You got a pub in mind, will need to be child friendly as my cousins 7 yr old is coming as well, got the bug big time.
No mate.
He will want somewhere with a bit of noise I presume then!

Cheers - can already check in online so would only need to leave enough time to get through security and get to the gate..

I'm half thinking it's more sensible to leave 15 mins early and get a taxi back into New Street to get a 10 minute train - avoids traffic
I certainly remember left luggage lockers at New Street. A good 20 years back, now like. All the best marra!

Good to have decent fans from other clubs, even cov and the mags! on here.
Just bear in mind it's a massive forum so quite a few wums on here. Just ignore the odd poster and youll be fine.
I hope we both go up as well. I don't like Sunderland but I respect them. It's a decent fixture with a bit of edge. I'd take that over some shite town away day in the Championship any day.
I agree marra.
Looking forward to a week Sunday.
Be buzzing if we win. A bit more excitement and edge to it than going to places like mk dons

Fuck off! (Welcome)

Seriously - stop it. Absolutely no bother this season at any Coventry home game.
Two 'incidents' - Blackpool youth slapped a couple of old people (sad)
Birmingham (sort of expectedly) 'marked their territory' at our 'home' cup game.
Mainly old folk and diehard 'supporters' who attend.
You are all welcome, enjoy the game - behave (like the majority of you would, anyway) But no 'be on your guard' mentality required.
It’s a trap!

Back