Couples who don’t have kids.

I’m not worrying about nowt i’m just posing the question which was obviously quite sensitive to you.

???
Nah not really. I just don’t think you’d ever get an answer. I have loads of reasons. I would have had them when I was younger, married a lass who didn’t want them, now it’s probably too late. Have never worked my life around it just that’s how it’s panned out. If it happened or happens I’ll be ok with it and not arsed if it doesn’t.

Nah not really. I just don’t think you’d ever get an answer. I have loads of reasons. I would have had them when I was younger, married a lass who didn’t want them, now it’s probably too late. Have never worked my life around it just that’s how it’s panned out. If it happened or happens I’ll be ok with it and not arsed if it doesn’t.
so this was the reasonable answer. However because it’s quite a sensitive issue your kneejerk reaction was to say i’m having a breakdown. Okay.
Imagine despising your own existence as much as the OP.
Sorry?

I dont mean those poor souls who *want* kids but medically can’t have them. My heart genuinely goes out to these folks. But what’s the craic with couples who just never have kids?

Don’t get me wrong, generally I hate other peoples kids and my own drive me to distraction at times. They cause me loads of aggravation raising them in a generation where they are constantly being influenced by dickheads & act up accordingly.

That said I can’t really grasp why couples chose not to have kids, other than to indulge themselves for as long as possible in their lives? And not have to ‘share’ their love.

I get the distinct impression many of the SMB are either single or they are divorced or are in deeply unhappy marriages so it’ll be interesting to get peoples thoughts.
There was a thread on here last week, can't recall it but reminded me of a woman I worked with

Childless couple in their late 40s, went to Disneyland every year and I worked with her 9 years

Her Facebook was a daily log of them snapped next to characters and she wrote like a blog

Must be have been some secret heartache there about not having children

Some people are just not parental and don't like kids so don't have any. Fair play I say, better than having them and not looking after them. A lad I worked with hated kids and him and his lass had good jobs so they did what they wanted when they wanted. They had money to buy all the latest gadgets and went on skiing holidays etc etc. I prefer having kids and love spoiling them.

There was a thread on here last week, can't recall it but reminded me of a woman I worked with

Childless couple in their late 40s, went to Disneyland every year and I worked with her 9 years

Her Facebook was a daily log of them snapped next to characters and she wrote like a blog

Must be have been some secret heartache there about not having children
Think quite often you dont miss what you’ve never had.

That said I’d have always thought the natural progression was to have kids that’s all.

Back