Couples who don’t have kids.

I dont mean those poor souls who *want* kids but medically can’t have them. My heart genuinely goes out to these folks. But what’s the craic with couples who just never have kids?

Don’t get me wrong, generally I hate other peoples kids and my own drive me to distraction at times. They cause me loads of aggravation raising them in a generation where they are constantly being influenced by dickheads & act up accordingly.

That said I can’t really grasp why couples chose not to have kids, other than to indulge themselves for as long as possible in their lives? And not have to ‘share’ their love.

I get the distinct impression many of the SMB are either single or they are divorced or are in deeply unhappy marriages so it’ll be interesting to get peoples thoughts.
Here comes DJ Miserable :lol:

I have two and they cause me nowt but stress and worry. My Brother and wife don’t have any and don’t seem to have a care in the world. They are currently on their 4th holiday this year, I will be lucky if I get away at all.
I do get that but i’d rather be a parent than indulgent and refusing to open my heart to others. That’s just me like. Mine cause me tonnes of shite I admit it.

I do get that but i’d rather be a parent than indulgent and refusing to open my heart to others. That’s just me like. Mine cause me tonnes of shite I admit it.
Strange take from the OP....almost as if he posts utter shite.

:)

I knarr a married couple, neither of whom wanted kids. It's what attracted them to each other knowing there wouldn't be any pressure from either side later on down the line. Married 30 years now and been together for over 35.
you've just described me and the mrs. never wanted them, plenty of nieces and nephews though but never had the slightest interest in wanting kids.

Exactly 3 years ago me and the wife spent two weeks in Florence, attended a music festival, spent days exploring the best wines in the region, eating great food on the banks of the argo river.

This morning I had a 25 minute stand off with a 2 year old who wouldn't brush his teeth.

Yeah, can't see why anyone would swerve having the little twats.

I think this is perhaps why someone suggested you had a narrow-minded view. Suggesting people who don’t have kids are refusing to open their hearts out to others?

And if someone works hard all year and chooses to go away 4x a year. Fair flips to them. I don’t see it as indulgent necessarily.

Back