Council Tax

I don't mind Poll Tax, always said it was fair but levied at way too high a cost.
There was a study, in 2015 I think, that suggested two alternatives were fairer. The simplest one was to increase income tax by a certain amount. Can't remember how much. The theory being those who earnt more, paid more. It was costed and it was way cheaper to collect than the current arrangements. It died a death amongst the Brexit shenanigans.

Nee wonder council tax is through the roof!

Too many dirty windows to blame
Local councils are notorious for wasting money and feathering their own nests.
£77k to clean the windows?! Dear me.

Last edited:
Stupid tit.
What?

You work at the council don't you?
Council tax is through the roof because your Tory government has cut it to beyond the bone you big whopper.
*pays £77k for windows cleaned *
"Errr, err, the Tories"
That equates to two people working full-time and being paid significantly above the average wage.
Are you trying to suggest they've paid 2 people £38,500 per year each to clean the council office windows for 37 hours per day, 5 days a week, for a year?!

Last edited:
What?

To be honest mate, I've read a few of your posts and I find that most of them are filth. I currently work in a Local Authority, I've also worked in private sector providing public services.

I find it abhorrent that some companies find it acceptable to look at making a profit out of providing public services.

However, I appreciate I'm massively out of touch.

To be honest mate, I've read a few of your posts and I find that most of them are filth. I currently work in a Local Authority, I've also worked in private sector providing public services.

I find it abhorrent that some companies find it acceptable to look at making a profit out of providing public services.

However, I appreciate I'm massively out of touch.
Daft tit

Gerrin. The politics forum crew have found an SMB thread to take over

Lad on about his bins - nope let's crowbar some more left v right shite because the politics forum isn't big enough for us
I just crowbar enough shite into a bin bag and hoy it in the bin.
Means I don't have to arse on washing tins or glass. ;)

What?

*pays £77k for windows cleaned *
"Errr, err, the Tories"

Are you trying to suggest they've paid 2 people £38,500 per year each to clean the council office windows for 37 hours per day, 5 days a week, for a year?!
The costs quoted should include Employer's NI and pension contributions. That was c.26% a few years ago. So the gross salary each will be c.£30.5k pa.

May include materials and scaffolding or whatever they use to get to the upper floors. 🤷‍♂️
The costs quoted should include Employer's NI and pension contributions. That was c.26% a few years ago. So the gross salary each will be c.£30.5k pa.

May include materials and scaffolding or whatever they use to get to the upper floors. 🤷‍♂️
You also have annual leave of 5 to 6 weeks and Bank Holidays.

@CEF

Last edited:

You also have annual leave of 5 to 6 weeks and Bank Holidays.

@CEF
Is it a full time job?

Back