Could you beat Boris Becker at Tennis now?

Remember thinking I was handy enough at tennis at school, at a tournament a county age group champ was playing nearby and the ability and power was off the charts…then you consider its Boris Becker we’re debating.

He’d barely lose a point man :lol:

He'd still beat me if he was missing both arms, even him playing with his mouth or feet man......I'm a lumbering cumbersome oaf with poor hand / eye / racquet coordination.

I had an unstoppable serve back in the day

Admittedly about one in 20 made it in but my goodness did they scare my opponent when they did

Btw. Anyone know why the OP has posted such a premise?
Cos she a fabulous hard as nails women who also happens to think "c'mon have a go if you think you hard enough?

I am drunk by the way."
I play tennis twice a week and wouldn't stand a chance against Becker..

Some of the old blokes I play against can't run around but they have all the skill.

He will still have technique
See that eye for placing the ball. Gets right on my last nerve. So you don't have to run round the court but know where to return it.
To the death?

Not that I'm wishing an untimely end for you.

Your opponent I may have to carefully consider carefully a desired outcome by balancing basic humanity with detesteration (and yes that is a word)
What? What does it mean. Not familiar with that word at all.

Last edited:
Cos she a fabulous hard as nails women who also happens to think "c'mon have a go if you think you hard enough?

I am drunk by the way."

See that eye for placing the ball. Gets right on my last nerve. So you don't have to run round the court but know where to return it.
oh I definitely couldn't beat him, but when he was all fat and gammony faced I reckon he could be beaten by an amateur, unlike McEnroe and most others who kept in great shape and or whose game was not so physical... just looked at some pics of him now and he is looking healthier though so not so easy

I am drunk by the way."

Should have known it was some sort of representation for the unity and strength of women everywhere 😁

And not just a slightly surreal question much like SAFCRob posts

Am off to tell Rob he's a fabulous specimen of the male form on his "how would you physically represent patting a dog in a game of charades" thread

Ps. Ever wondered if the SMB isn't actually real and is instead the manifestation of a prolonged fevered hallucination?

I am drunk by the way."

What? What does it mean. Not familiar with that word at all.
It wasn't a real word at all. I lied. Am a liar. A falsifier. A fraud even. Some might say, a language scam artist

Ps. Am sober so I have no excuse here

I played a lot of tennis to a reasonable ( club ) standard back in the day , my old man is 28 years older than me and I only ever took one set off him .

Position of the return ball was something he was a master at , put it where he wanted it within a few inches.

I last watched him playing a few years ago , at 90 years old.
Oh that is gorgeous and certainly what I said earlier. Age, and cunning and experience will always trump youth and inexperience.
oh I definitely couldn't beat him, but when he was all fat and gammony faced I reckon he could be beaten by an amateur, unlike McEnroe and most others who kept in great shape and or whose game was not so physical... just looked at some pics of him now and he is looking healthier though so not so easy
Ach you would still give it your best shot..... in heels as well.
Should have known it was some sort of representation for the unity and strength of women everywhere 😁

And not just a slightly surreal question much like SAFCRob posts

Am off to tell Rob he's a fabulous specimen of the male form on his "how would you physically represent patting a dog in a game of charades" thread

Ps. Ever wondered if the SMB isn't actually real and is instead the manifestation of a prolonged fevered hallucination?
Oh don't, not when I have had a few vodkas my mind can't compute. I can't understand. However, drunk or not us lasses are fabulous.

By the way ..... still ....what was that word you used earlier again. What does it mean ?
It wasn't a real word at all. I lied. Am a liar. A falsifier. A fraud even. Some might say, a language scam artist

Ps. Am sober so I have no excuse here
St making me laugh. Cos I will be using that very word tomorrow..

Last edited:
In most sports, those that play elite/professional are playing a totally different game to us at recreational level - even if we've played "county level".

Back