Could another new manager make things worse?

Gobuchul

Midfield
Lost Magpie
The general consensus, from listening to Total Sport and the threads on here, is that your manager has to go, ASAP.

If this happens, then there will be even more turmoil and there is a distinct possibility that results will continue to go badly. So through that turmoil, if the next manager were to lose the first 3 games, then there would be massive pressure, almost immediately.

Throw in a squad where many are out of contract in the summer and you potentially have a perfect storm. Worse case sending you into freefall.

Of course, the other question is, who would come? Phillips seems to be the only one who wants the job. Could he deal with the pressure and expectation that will be heaped upon him?

The general consensus, from listening to Total Sport and the threads on here, is that your manager has to go, ASAP.

If this happens, then there will be even more turmoil and there is a distinct possibility that results will continue to go badly. So through that turmoil, if the next manager were to lose the first 3 games, then there would be massive pressure, almost immediately.
The next manager would be deemed a saviour', then after a month there would be complete demands for a(nother) sacking.

Is he going to make things better, will he make Leadbooter run quicker, or Grigg score more goals, or turn the full backs into footballers? will he be able to convince good players to sign for this clusterfuck of a club?

Throw in a squad where many are out of contract in the summer and you potentially have a perfect storm. Worse case sending you into freefall.

Of course, the other question is, who would come? Phillips seems to be the only one who wants the job. Could he deal with the pressure and expectation that will be heaped upon him?

Remember everyone he's one of the 14 posters, who voted for parkinson to take over... everything else is bollocks.

What do you suggest then?

Is he going to make things better, will he make Leadbooter run quicker, or Grigg score more goals, or turn the full backs into footballers? will he be able to convince good players to sign for this clusterfuck of a club?
Leadbitter - no, but Grigg is a proven goal scorer if a team is set up to play to his strengths.

Would depend who the new manager was, if he was seen as the future then no (a Phillips, Stendel, Ross, Keane type). If he was seen as a stopgap appointment then yes (Grayson, Parkinson etc).

fa
You know nothing of our club or fanbase.
Fair comment mate.....but, come on.
Just about every manager you've had in recent times (bar Allardyce) has been deemed as 'out of his depth' or 'not good enough' for your club.
I get that things aren't great but the fact is that you're in league one , so are not likely to attract the calibre of manager that you all seem to think you should have.
And maybe Parkinson's football style isn't great, but he hasn't exactly had any time to impose any change , seeing as he's working with the same players as when he came in.

I'm not meaning to 'have a go' or take the piss - things aren't exactly great at Boro - just that it always looks like your managers are judged as being crap when there's not been a lot of time to make those judgements.

fa

Just about every manager you've had in recent times (bar Allardyce) has been deemed as 'out of his depth' or 'not good enough' for your club.
I get that things aren't great but the fact is that you're in league one , so are not likely to attract the calibre of manager that you all seem to think you should have.
And maybe Parkinson's football style isn't great, but he hasn't exactly had any time to impose any change , seeing as he's working with the same players as when he came in.

I'm not meaning to 'have a go' or take the piss - things aren't exactly great at Boro - just that it always looks like your managers are judged as being crap when there's not been a lot of time to make those judgements.

Which one has gone on to be a success elsewhere after leaving us?

fa

Believe me mate, if you'd watched us live, you'd be of the same opinion.
A West Ham fan thought along your lines until he saw us yesterday. He now knows exactly where we are coming from.
As I've said a couple of times, Keith Hill assembled a squad of freebies in a day, at a club on its knees and has nearly twice the win percentage of Parkinson, with a squad who were very nearly promoted in May.

Believe me mate, if you'd watched us live, you'd be of the same opinion.
A West Ham fan thought along your lines until he saw us yesterday. He now knows exactly where we are coming from.
As I've said a couple of times, Keith Hill assembled a squad of freebies in a day, at a club on its knees and has nearly twice the win percentage of Parkinson, with a squad who were very nearly promoted in May.

This.

There’s absolutely no way anyone can put a positive spin on things. Parkinson is utter tripe and should be peddled.

Back