Could another new manager make things worse?

Would depend who the new manager was, if he was seen as the future then no (a Phillips, Stendel, Ross, Keane type). If he was seen as a stopgap appointment then yes (Grayson, Parkinson etc).
That’s been SAFCs downfall for decades. Sack first think second. I’ve been banging on for nigh on 20 yrs on here about how a professional organisation would have a permanent managerial shortlist set up reviewed a couple of times a year as to who they’d approach if the manager should quit/be sacked/retire etc etc.

You can see he has a touch of class at this level , wasted in our set up tho, only one up front trying again yesterday

Not once have I seen anything from Grigg whilst he's been here to suggest "he has a touch of class", he's played up front by himself and in a front two a number of times, he always looks rotten.

Not once have I seen anything from Grigg whilst he's been here to suggest "he has a touch of class", he's played up front by himself and in a front two a number of times, he always looks rotten.
We disagree last 3 games which we have lost Grigg along with onien and Hume only ones who tried , he had as usual zero service.

Yesterday he was probably our best player, but that was'nt difficult to achieve. The way the manager set up the team we were fucked from the start!

We disagree last 3 games which we have lost Grigg along with onien and Hume only ones who tried , he had as usual zero service.

Posters keep saying this but when given opportunities on a plate, he still misses, he also creates pretty much nothing himself. He's been a shocking signing, he's a very poor player.

It can't possibly get any worse atm .There's nothing there !!! The teams void of any skill any confidence etc etc the manager and his backroom staff ( that's a laugh in itself ) are utter shite

I honestly think you have to give him longer than a handful of games. It's just "rinse and repeat".

So we can't win a game, the football is awful, the team selections are baffling, yet we must persist simply because things could get worse? Parkinson's main problem is, our fans didn't want him in the first place, he needed to hit the geound running to win people over, he's merely proven his doubters right.

Last edited:
A mag and a boro fan think we should persist with a shite manager...what a surprise.
Exactly.
wouldn't expect Einstein to understand that though

Have you not read the comments on here about manager after manager?

Yes I have. If a manager is not performing, you don't persist with them, it's quite simple really. Perhaps you should have persisted with Pulis for several more seasons and experienced how that would have worked out for you.

Last edited:
I honestly think you have to give him longer than a handful of games. It's just "rinse and repeat".
I suggest you watch the repeat of yesterdays game at Gillingham, its on SAFC.com then come back and comment. Our illustrious manager set up with 5 at the back and play for a 0-0 draw against a team 5 places below us. After the game his comments were contempable. We should have lost the game 3-0

I suggest you watch the repeat of yesterdays game at Gillingham, its on SAFC.com then come back and comment. Our illustrious manager set up with 5 at the back and play for a 0-0 draw against a team 5 places below us. After the game his comments were contempable. We should have lost the game 3-0

5 at the back with 2 defensive midfielders and any slight semblance of creativity on the bench. Yesterday was the most spineless team selection I've ever seen from a Sunderland manager.

Maybe he knows that the team is mentally gone and they needed a solid performance, without losing, to try and instill some belief?
Maybe Ross was getting a lot more out of them and they are finding their level?
Still can't see that sacking Parkinson will have a positive outcome. Only more disruption and turmoil.

A mag and a boro fan think we should persist with a shite manager...what a surprise.

Yes I have. If a manager is not performing, you don't persist with them, it's quite simple really. Perhaps you should have persisted with Pulis for several more seasons and experienced how that would have worked out for you.
Being a Boro fan has nowt to do with it.
Like I've already said, things aren't going too well for you lot (obviously), and I quite readily admit that I haven't seen you play lately - all i'm trying to say is that (some of) your fans seem intent on hounding a manager out , no matter WHO it is. I'm not saying Parkinson's a great manager, just that things seem to follow a similar pattern at Sunderland.
Sometimes things take time to turn around and like I've also said, no 'top' manager would want to go to your club at the moment - similarly with Boro.
On the subject of Boro, I'm not convinced by Woodgate at all and I think he comes across as a bit 'naive' (to say the least) in his press conferences.
But, he's only had just under half a season and personally I reckon he should be given until at least after the next window to see how things pan out .
I just think it's too early to be saying Parkinson is shit , although yes if things don't improve , or if you start to nose-dive then action would be needed.

To be honest you have to be half witted or just desperate to want the manager's job at SAFC. Anyone who applies for it should immediately be deemed to be "unsuitable" and automatically ruled out

Back