Could a robot or computer do your job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about a robot or whatever, but my job is very easy and from what I've read and seen even those who don't do my job are experts at it.

I believe there was a film about this happening so it's definitely possible!

I'm actively trying to get a computer to do my job, would save me a whole world of grief!

Just shouting "Do my f***ing work!" at your laptop might not get you much success mind!

Most people's answer would immediately be "No!", but have a think about it.

In fact, the more you think about it, the more you realise how redundant humans are becoming. Maybe not today, but in the near future.

In fact, the only jobs I can think of that can't be replaced are ones that require some kind of free thinking or public interaction.

Haway then, who thinks their job is humans only?
No...simple

In fact, the more you think about it, the more you realise how redundant humans are becoming. Maybe not today, but in the near future.

In fact, the only jobs I can think of that can't be replaced are ones that require some kind of free thinking or public interaction.

Thankfully computers can't program themselves yet, so i'm not getting replaced for the foreseeable future :cool:

I've not read most of the thread,so my job,carpenter,kitchen fitter may already have been commented on.
My job,fitting kitchens,and probably plumbers and sparks could be fazed out or greatly reduced by modulation.
Not so much robots. But parts of the work transferred to factories and just assembled by semi-skilled blokes.Some of the late jobs i've been on,things like the bathrooms,were pre-made pods,just lowered by crane into the building.I could see something similar happening with kitchens.

Anyone mentioned the McDonald's robotic arms for bagging the chips (although someone in McDonald's uk has denied they are going to use them).

Not sure. I build the robots so not sure where that leaves me

Got some bad news for you marra....

Logon or register to see this image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back