Could a robot or computer do your job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most people's answer would immediately be "No!", but have a think about it.

In fact, the more you think about it, the more you realise how redundant humans are becoming. Maybe not today, but in the near future.

In fact, the only jobs I can think of that can't be replaced are ones that require some kind of free thinking or public interaction.

Haway then, who thinks their job is humans only?

It seems plausible that AI could do that too.

Therapists maybe?

I work as a psychothetapist, .there are very good computer based programmes that help people who are slightly mentally troubled
I see the ones where the computers haven't worked and another human has already had no success . I get success about 50% of the time .
If a computer can do better it can have the fuckin job for me with pleasure :lol:.
It couldn't, it would have to be able to mine for, elicit and read abstract thought and emotion that is intrinsically illogical or overvalued
It's hard enough making one recognise standard human thought , you could never teach one to deal with totally idiosyncratic thought which can even be delusional and which the client may also be obscuring . That's leaving aside the fact it would have to model alternatives ( in an emotionally tolerable way ) to affect change.
In short a computer can't form a therapeutic relationship which is 70% of the job .

In fact, the more you think about it, the more you realise how redundant humans are becoming. Maybe not today, but in the near future.

In fact, the only jobs I can think of that can't be replaced are ones that require some kind of free thinking or public interaction.

No because I design what the 'the computer' does.

Self-employed? I could use a good copywriter for my website. PM me your details if you're interested fella.

But yeah, going back to the point, AI will replace you, sooner rather than later! :eek:

Sent you a PM marra.

I don't know about a robot or whatever, but my job is very easy and from what I've read and seen even those who don't do my job are experts at it.

A&E practitioner, I'd f***ing love a robot in A&E. It would give me time to get a coffee.

Joe Public already use the google bot to come in and tell you what's wrong with them before you even see them. Nobody wants a robot there when the shit hits the fan in ED, or if a suicidal person comes in and gets to sit down and talk to a robot!

London?

Not too far away, you enjoy it?

Newcastle.

Aye still love it, been doing it for about 17/18 years now, although the way the local journos use social media now to create stories can be annoying, like using a comment on Twitter/Facebook as an 'official' comment rather than contacting the press office directly, therefore not getting all the facts right.

I need a computer to do a lot of my job - some trusts/foundations only have online applications etc, but a lot of what I do, I could potentially do it sans computer. But it would require a fair amount of paperwork

I am a small claims litigation executive so unless these robots and computers talk to the courts, clients, study defences inside out and exchange hundreds of pages of bundles outlining the cases and arguments, then no.

I'm actively trying to get a computer to do my job, would save me a whole world of grief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back