Cough and chest

I've finally shaken off this bastard cough.

Best part of 3 weeks been coughing up shite and feeling run down. Never lasted this long before as I normally get over illness fairly quickly. Definitely had some kind of virus. Even the three times I've had COVID didn't last this long.

Still having coughing fits once or twice a day. Really strange.

Last nights was so bad that I completely passed out for about 10 seconds. I don't remember blacking out, but I remember suddenly watching the telly then the levels of light in the room increased to normal. Looked at the missus and she was holding the cat I'd been holding
Totally confused.
Rewound the telly, and I'd only missed a few seconds.

It was the strangest feeling.

I started with a severe sore throat on Friday. On Christmas Eve the fever kicked in and my heart rate went haywire: 130-150 for three hours. Phoned 111, was referred to a GP call-back (nine-hour wait; he called at 5:45am), and was then booked in at a walk-in clinic at 8am on Christmas Day. Doctor there gave me a thorough check-up, but said I seem to have the nasty virus that's going round, and bouts of high heart rate are one of the symptoms.

Feel reasonably okay today, and can now swallow without it feeling like I'm gargling broken glass. Going away in two weeks, so perhaps as well to get it now.

I'm usually ok with stuff like this, I have a pretty good immune system so usually get a few symptoms but nowt bad.
I've hardly been out, went to the town to pick up the dinner on Friday, was ok on Saturday, woke up on Christmas Day with sore throat and cough, made the dinner,as the day went on progressively got worse. She said you should test for covid, sure enough I've got f***ing covid, felt rough as all today and wanting to lie down all the time.
There's always something at Christmas time.

Last nights was so bad that I completely passed out for about 10 seconds. I don't remember blacking out, but I remember suddenly watching the telly then the levels of light in the room increased to normal. Looked at the missus and she was holding the cat I'd been holding
Totally confused.

I'm into week 8 of it, and felt OK in the few days up to christmas day, then "it" decided to pay me a visit, felt like absolute shite yesterday lunch time, chest pain and coughing all kinds of shite up. Managed to eat my dinner (glad I did, it was bostin), then took a couple of co-codomil and went to bed for a couple of hours, woke up feeling fine, just a slight ache in my chest.
Like you I have coughed until on the brink of passing out (everything going dark) but haven't actually (as far as I know).

Been OK all day today (touch wood).

It is easily the most bizarre thing I've had in my 62 yrs, and must be Covid/covid vac related imo.

Totally confused.

Sounds like a classic alien abduction that.

I was saying at work back in November, I’ve never had man flu or a cold in years. Within days of us beating Birmingham at home I was dying. I have just got rid of it last week, had it for 5 or 6 weeks in total.

It started off with a tight chest and feeling run down, struggled getting up every morning. I then developed a dry cough and then full blown flu/cold symptom's after two weeks. The dry cough then changed to coughing shite up and full blown coughing attacks, my whole body and head hurt. The cold then turned in a head cold/sinus pain, felt like my head was going to pop at one point. That then all seemed to clear and I was left with this horrible cough still.

I have had Covid twice and it was no where near as bad as this, really strange virus as it seemed to come in waves.

My missus has it and has lost her voice.

Funny as fuck on Christmas day when she asked Alexa to play Radio 4 (in a whisper) and Alexa whispered back "Playing BBC Radio 4 on BBC Sounds"

😄😄😄

Totally confused.

this has been me for the past 10 days. seem to be able go an hour or so without a cough, then will have an absolute fit of coughing for 10 mins where i can barely breath

went to the docs last week and he just gave me an inhaler which has done fuck all

seems to get much worse at night especially when i'm lying down

if it hasn't cleared by new year i'll be straight back to the doctors like

Anyone else got this chest and burning throat cough thing been dying all week
Just clearing up now after nearly 3 weeks.

2 lots of antibiotics ( first did nowt ).

I found that Sainsbury’s ‘ Chesty Cough ‘ linctus helped ease it and loosen the phlegm.

Same ingredients as the expensive brands but £2.85 for a large bottle, not £6 for a brand name bottle half the size!

Just clearing up now after nearly 3 weeks.

2 lots of antibiotics ( first did nowt ).

I found that Sainsbury’s ‘ Chesty Cough ‘ linctus helped ease it and loosen the phlegm.

Same ingredients as the expensive brands but £2.85 for a large bottle, not £6 for a brand name bottle half the size!

I’ve just bought that today for mine.

Back