Couch to 5k

Apologies I thought you meant running not walking. I walked all during lockdown and have kept it up since, bloody love it. Either with music or a podcast or just total silence, mint way of clearing your head.

With walking you’re fine but if you’re running it’s no good doing a big run then the next day slothing out cos the next day you’re going to be cabbaged.

I used to do a 10k or something then the next day not move then wonder why the next day I was paralysed. You need to do a little run the day after to prevent that.

No I did run today, 5km, but was gonna have a day off today and do a long hike, then run again Monday.

Yeah been walking 10 miles every day, same love it mate, just wanted more of a challenge.

No I did run today, 5km, but was gonna have a day off today and do a long hike, then run again Monday.

Yeah been walking 10 miles every day, same love it mate, just wanted more of a challenge.

Should be fine then.

I found my running improved by swimming a lot. Low impact, was sometimes going twice a day morning and evening and having a short run at lunch.

Where are you walking to?

Should be fine then.

I found my running improved by swimming a lot. Low impact, was sometimes going twice a day morning and evening and having a short run at lunch.

Where are you walking to?

Class mate, am not the best swimmer like, I can do my version of a breast stroke. Stems from poor lessons as a kid!

Where ever I am mate, am abroad at the minute so been exploring

When at home, Durham, Sunderland, few local routes.

I have done that since New Year really, well built it up, did a few week long hikes in Scotland. Lost some weight. Felt good, but I really had no idea if would help me to run, as I have never been able to do it. So was surprised I could go 5km, it wasn;t that quick, 33 mins I think, but just goes to show.

You dont need me to tell you but I reckon long walks is the best way to get yourself moving, and out of a pit.

Only negative I'd say now is I cant just sit and relax if I havent done a long one, which I dont reckon is healthy!

Class mate, am not the best swimmer like, I can do my version of a breast stroke. Stems from poor lessons as a kid!

Where ever I am mate, am abroad at the minute so been exploring

When at home, Durham, Sunderland, few local routes.

I have done that since New Year really, well built it up, did a few week long hikes in Scotland. Lost some weight. Felt good, but I really had no idea if would help me to run, as I have never been able to do it. So was surprised I could go 5km, it wasn;t that quick, 33 mins I think, but just goes to show.

You dont need me to tell you but I reckon long walks is the best way to get yourself moving, and out of a pit.

Only negative I'd say now is I cant just sit and relax if I havent done a long one, which I dont reckon is healthy!

I reckon that is healthy cos it means you have the bug for it! It’s the perfect hangover cure as well although people don’t believe it.

I’m buckled running when I come home cos Moorside and Silky is all hills but my parents are fit as fiddles so taking the dog out is class.

Abroad where?

I reckon that is healthy cos it means you have the bug for it! It’s the perfect hangover cure as well although people don’t believe it.

I’m buckled running when I come home cos Moorside and Silky is all hills but my parents are fit as fiddles so taking the dog out is class.

Abroad where?

oh aye true, I just have canny few life logistic things to sort out, and after work, and walking 10 miles I have very little time ha

Hills are good though like, that will be what keeps you fit, real effort!

Lisbon mate, been here a month working.

oh aye true, I just have canny few life logistic things to sort out, and after work, and walking 10 miles I have very little time ha

Hills are good though like, that will be what keeps you fit, real effort!

Lisbon mate, been here a month working.

That’ll keep you fit alright. I was f***ing goosed knocking about there for a couple of days in September. I forgot what it was like to get about.

Do you work in tech?

That’ll keep you fit alright. I was f***ing goosed knocking about there for a couple of days in September. I forgot what it was like to get about.

Do you work in tech?

No mate, just remotely. Long story short just wanted to get outside the UK while I look for a base at home. Which hasn't gone well!

Aye, although she was asked to meet up at one point and dropped her arse. Can’t remember how she got out of it but they never knew. Or at least if they did they didn’t say owt.

VPN will do it, I think it depends on the importance of your job like to how much of a risk it is. I'm heading back soon like, dont wanna take the piss.

Sorry this is probs SEB, anyone had any success with this?

I can hike for endless miles, but any sort of run I just borderline collapse.

Kind of need some structure when starting something so was gonna download this. I know some people will just say go for a jog n do slightly longer each day!
try rucking for a month before trying to run again it will improve your stamina very quickly .. Use a backpack with 10 per cent of your body weight in... And go hiking ... Good luck..

Back