Cote d'Azur excursions

Will be spending June in Nice and was looking at what day trips I can go on.

Was thinking of renting a little boat for a bit but wouldn't mind some sort of excursion, like a wine tour or something on a ferry to another part of the coast.

Links to anything like that would be appreciated, ta.

I'm there much of the time
You can get a ferry from Nice to St Tropez during the summer
Monte Carlo is only 30 minutes away by train - likewise Cannes the other direction (not so exciting) - but you can get a ferry from Cannes to a little Island (Isle des lerin - St Honorat) - with a monastery and vineyard (though in general the region is not really a wine area
Eze village is lovely

I'm there much of the time
You can get a ferry from Nice to St Tropez during the summer
Monte Carlo is only 30 minutes away by train - likewise Cannes the other direction (not so exciting) - but you can get a ferry from Cannes to a little Island (Isle des lerin - St Honorat) - with a monastery and vineyard (though in general the region is not really a wine area
Eze village is lovely

Fantastic thank you. Is Antibe worth a visit? What about Beaulieu-sur-Mer? Cheers.

Will be spending June in Nice and was looking at what day trips I can go on.

Was thinking of renting a little boat for a bit but wouldn't mind some sort of excursion, like a wine tour or something on a ferry to another part of the coast.

Links to anything like that would be appreciated, ta.

There’s a very pretty hill village called Mougins north of Cannes with some nice restaurants. Not sure how you’d get there without renting a car so this is of no real help at all.

Fantastic thank you. Is Antibe worth a visit? What about Beaulieu-sur-Mer? Cheers.
I'd give Antibes a miss
Beaulieu is nice but next door is St Jean Cap Ferat - that is a beautiful walk and a pretty harbour (with some sandy beaches) - A friend has a boat there (look at me) :)
You can get a bus there from Nice - or get a train to Beaulieu and walk (a picturesque 20 minute walk past David Nivens old house - truly stunning location)

The railway line along that stretch of the coast runs almost literally behind the beach and is a great way to spend a day out. A panoramic view with very reasonable fares

West towards Antibes, Cannes and St Raphael. Onwards towards Toulon and Marseille
East towards Beaulieu, Villefranche, Eze, Cap d'Ail, Monaco, Cap Martin and Menton. Onwards into Italy - San Remo is a nice place imo.

I usually go east and get off at (say) Menton Garavan, the last stop before the Italian border, such as it is, and then walk back west along the prom, have a coffee, then a spot of lunch (fish soup?) and walk as much or as little as I fancy to the next station and get on a train back to Nice. Nice!

Back