Coronavirus - The human cost of misinformation

It’s bizarre that someone might refuse a vaccine but opt to take something untested. More often it’s the cases where people either don’t get round to having the vaccine or are being “cautious” about taking it, and then come down really badly.

They are not taking the mental leap that taking the vaccine is actually being cautious and, instead of reducing freedom, it is giving us our freedoms back.

It’s bizarre that someone might refuse a vaccine but opt to take something untested. More often it’s the cases where people either don’t get round to having the vaccine or are being “cautious” about taking it, and then come down really badly.

They are not taking the mental leap that taking the vaccine is actually being cautious and, instead of reducing freedom, it is giving us our freedoms back.
‘Doing my own research’ is a favourite line of the thickies

I don’t take any medication and haven’t for quite sometime. Not even paracetamol or ibuprofen.

I do like a pint of Guinness though.

I think efforts to tackle disinformation have improved recently. @Mackem DJ is right on one point when he says that their politeness masked their disinformation though.

The likes of Oldie and Gelan sounded nicey nice but the content of their posts was certainly adding to the disinformation on here, IMO.

Same for another handful of now lesser-seen posters.

At one point we were seeing a new sign up come on here every week to tell us COVID is a hoax or vaccines will kill your children or whatever nonsense they wanted to post.

Also a marked decrease in people posting “research” from scientific figures on the fringes of COVID scepticism.

Definitely has got better.

What’s happened to that Gelan fella, I’ve not seen him around here recently?

‘Doing my own research’ is a favourite line of the thickies
Have you seen Nicki Minaj. Please tell me you have :lol:
Plenty of bodybuilder bellends who are going on about not taking the vaccine as its not tested, yet they have spent years injecting a compound derived from finaplix pellets with no human trials.
Same with the cokeheads. Plenty of them being uber cautious of what they put into their temple like bodies :lol:

Last edited:
Plenty of bodybuilder bellends who are going on about not taking the vaccine as its not tested, yet they have spent years injecting a compound derived from finaplix pellets with no human trials.
Ahm not puttin that shit in me bodeh

It’s a shame they can’t take brain enhancing steroids

Ahm not puttin that shit in me bodeh

It’s a shame they can’t take brain enhancing steroids

Plenty of steroids have decades of clinical trials behind them mind (granted not usually in such massive supraphysiological dosages). However one of the most common ones has zero clinical trials, is made for cattle and yet you'll still see people in gyms who rinse it banging on about the vaccines needing more testing :lol:

I know of a lad, early 40s unvaxxed, currently in an induced coma and ventilated. The prognosis isn't good, yet the rest of his unvaxxed mates still won't get vaxxed for the usual reasons. Some people just can't be saved from themselves and we're going to have to accept this.

I find the self awarness staggering here given you have literally provided a platform for a select group of idiots to peddle 18 months worth of:

•anti vax craic
•anti mask craic
•covid denial
•boasting of flouting restrictions which is a massive kick in the •••• to those who have made sacrifices for so long

Christ @SAFCOldie was even been talking up fake vaccine passports last week! “Easily obtained”

But as long as they remain polite, No ban. It beats me.
A few points:

The pandemic has been a unique and challenging experience for everyone and on a very insignificant scale that includes us moderators.

There's a difference between having an opinion on masks, lockdowns or vaccines, as stupid and as selfish as you may consider that opinion to be, and peddling misinformation.

I cannot speak for the board's owner or other moderators but as far I can see we have collectively endeavoured to strike a balance between freedom of opinion and clamping down on misleading information.

Moderators are not online 24/7 so we do not see every post.

If you see instances of what you consider to be clear covid misinformation then please use the report button.

Finally, as ever, please bear in mind that members are only aware of a small percentage of moderator actions on here.

A number of posters have indeed been banned for the persistent peddling of clear covid misinformation.

He did not take a horse dewormer whatsoever for gods sake.
My brother was telling me about this the other day - had an intravenous Vit D drip and used a few other drugs which worked for him iirc ?
I don’t take any medication and haven’t for quite sometime. Not even paracetamol or ibuprofen.

I do like a pint of Guinness though.
Loves a Gregg's cheese scone anarl iirc :)
I know of a lad, early 40s unvaxxed, currently in an induced coma and ventilated. The prognosis isn't good, yet the rest of his unvaxxed mates still won't get vaxxed for the usual reasons. Some people just can't be saved from themselves and we're going to have to accept this.
It's stupid it really is.

Last edited:
My brother was telling me about this the other day - had an intravenous Vit D drip and used a few other drugs which worked for him iirc ?

Loves a Gregg's cheese scone anarl iirc :)

It's stupid it really is.

Aye, I found Rogan’s account interesting- he apparently took a cocktail of drugs off his doctor including the vitamin drip you mentioned and the same stuff they gave Trump. Reckons he was feeling fine in a matter of days.

If I had access to the kinds of doctors Joe Rogan has, I’d have jumped at the chance for that kind of potential recovery compared to the amount of time it’s taken for me to feel half human again after catching Covid again recently.

Plenty of steroids have decades of clinical trials behind them mind (granted not usually in such massive supraphysiological dosages). However one of the most common ones has zero clinical trials, is made for cattle and yet you'll still see people in gyms who rinse it banging on about the vaccines needing more testing :lol:
wow, insane.

I just don't understand why you would use a drug for cattle like, cant get my head around it.

Back