Coronavirus and local cricket

Even if you got say 7 of 11 played it’s enough chances to do it on the pitch. Loads of major sporting events settled over less.
I agree, in these unparalleled times, the norm goes out the window. Hopefully the lockdown measures will be over before the end of the summer. People will be desperate to get out and enjoy some normal life. Let’s play a normal (but heavily shortened) season as much as we can before the winter, the next wave of the pandemic and lockdown again

Even if you got say 7 of 11 played it’s enough chances to do it on the pitch. Loads of major sporting events settled over less.

Personally not keen, even weather apart. Could end up with a completely false representation of teams in divisions if settled over 6/7 games in my opinion of course

Airedale & Wharfedale Senior Cricket League (Encompasses Leeds to Harrogate to Skipton areas - 36 teams) 2020 season suspended indefinitely and no clear date yet when season will start. All subscriptions for the season refunded.

Personally not keen, even weather apart. Could end up with a completely false representation of teams in divisions if settled over 6/7 games in my opinion of course
Would hope to play half the season. With no promotion relegation. As like you say cant get a decisive result. But can play some cricket at least.

If this lot clears up can’t see a full season so promotion and relegation will be difficult but am sure lads will simply enjoy fresh air and playing know I will enjoy just being outside with a beer watching
Probably end up playing friendlies. Although at this stage I doubt there will be any cricket this summer.

Be no cricket at all this summer if the government’s press conference is out to go by. This lockdown going last 6 months.

Need to look to indoor leagues starting n October to get any cricket this year. I think the numbers playing indoors this winter will shot up.

Back