Coronavirus and local cricket

Just about all of the things you mention above are avoidable though. Except handling the ball, but don’t lick your fingers and wash your hands during the drinks break.

Take a packed lunch, Max 2 in changing room at any point in time. Three cheers instead of handshakes at the end of the game. Massively reduces the risk.

I get that it doesn’t eliminate all risks but I bet I end up with more human contact in whatever other 8 hour activity I do on a Sunday. A game of cricket with the neccessary precautions is safer than most things bar sitting in a darkened room.

Love the thought of three cheers mind:lol: . Spiffing idea from a very fine upstanding chap..

It will be impossible to cram a 5 month cricket season into 3 months,unless league games are played most Sunday’s.The cups would seriously suffer though.

If it was play each other once I think they should have it cos the competition would still have integrity.
By the time you add in a couple of rained off games it may become a mockery. I think sides will struggle to field 2 teams on the same day so some leniency will be needed for this unique season. Can't imagine umpires will be too keen to commence this year either

Back