Copenhagen

The weather from May 1st to mid August was unbelievable

What are you doing there? Send me a PM for tips :)
working 5 times (maybe more actually) but out in the evenings around the town and then a day trip with family as part of trek around Germany/DK

Have worked up in Kolding and Aarhus a couple of times as well

københavn Is the best city in Europe... tak!

Hihi

Just been rated World's Most Liveable City by lifestyle magazine Monocle for the second year running, fifth time in total.

Also, it's where this year's Tour de France kicks off in a couple of weeks time. When they cross the large bridge to Fyn it should be good viewing. :)

Last edited:
Amazing city is Copenhagen. Would love to live there in the fullness of time. Freetown Christiania is a must-see if you’re there and there’s an absolutely superb hotel called Rye115 near Telia Parken (the football stadium) - only two stars but genuinely is class and I’d be the first to say if it wasn’t.

Only been once in 1987 and that was only for a day. One of the lads in the group knew where the red light district was, so we all went there. @alexander may correct me here but I believe it was called Istegadd or something similar. We all went to a bar there and ordered beers when three or four very attractive ladies came in. Me being very naive at 20 years old didn’t realise that they were hookers who were only interested in getting money off me.
The majority of my three weeks in Denmark was spent in and around Kalundborg on exercise with the Danish army.

Only been once in 1987 and that was only for a day. One of the lads in the group knew where the red light district was, so we all went there. @alexander may correct me here but I believe it was called Istegadd or something similar. We all went to a bar there and ordered beers when three or four very attractive ladies came in. Me being very naive at 20 years old didn’t realise that they were hookers who were only interested in getting money off me.
The majority of my three weeks in Denmark was spent in and around Kalundborg on exercise with the Danish army.

Very close, Istedgade.

I'm thinking of bringing the missus(no) away for a weekend. She wants to go to Copenhagen. Can anyone on here tell me what it's like or make any recommendations? What is it like compared to say Amsterdam, Edinburgh or Brussels?
It's very nice, much bigger than I thought, but more expensive than I thought.
Malmö in Sweden worth a visit, only 30 mins away on train, Roskilde too (Viking ship museum).

Last edited:

Back