Copenhagen

I'm thinking of bringing the missus(no) away for a weekend. She wants to go to Copenhagen. Can anyone on here tell me what it's like or make any recommendations? What is it like compared to say Amsterdam, Edinburgh or Brussels?

I'm thinking of bringing the missus(no) away for a weekend. She wants to go to Copenhagen. Can anyone on here tell me what it's like or make any recommendations? What is it like compared to say Amsterdam, Edinburgh or Brussels?
Fantastic city. Has a lot of similarities to Amsterdam with loads of cyclists, great museums and galleries, canals to wander around. Loads of nice little bars to nip into but none of the stag do carry on.

expensive as owt. i find the nordic countries to be very pleasant but a bit boring. the weak pound makes most places in the EU feel expensive relative to here. unsure how price sensitive you are. weather is shite everywhere this time of year.

edinburgh and glasgow are good shouts. with a weekend away you want to minimise travel time as its only a couple of days. airports and transfers end up adding a lot of dead time into the mix. get a train up there and you can start the holiday straight away with drinks on the train.

i dont think there is a direct flight from the NE either, unless thats changed. no way do you want connecting flights just for a weekend away.

Last edited:
expensive as owt. i find the nordic countries to be very pleasant but a bit boring. the weak pound makes most places in the EU feel expensive relative to here. unsure how price sensitive you are. weather is shite everywhere this time of year.

edinburgh and glasgow are good shouts. with a weekend away you want to minimise travel time as its only a couple of days. airports and transfers end up adding a lot of dead time into the mix. get a train up there and you can start the holiday straight away with drinks on the train.

i dont think there is a direct flight from the NE either, unless thats changed. no way do you want connecting flights just for a weekend away.
I'll be fly from Dublin and will be going in June. I heard it's beautiful but expensive.

its awesome. search for the last few threads on Copenhagen, i've posed a bit of advice on a few of them, can't be bothered to type it all out again

deffo go for it, its really nice, loads to do, good art and music scene, not just about galleries and architecture (although theres plenty of that). google Christiania

Few tips in the thread here:

Copenhagen

If you get a chance have a look at the Rick Stein week-ends away series and the episode on Copenhagen. Some decent tips in that as well. I uploaded the episode to Google+ a while back and will happily have a look to see if it is still there if you like.

Back