Copenhagen

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Black Cat Gypsy, Feb 25, 2018.

1. I'm thinking of bringing the missus(no) away for a weekend. She wants to go to Copenhagen. Can anyone on here tell me what it's like or make any recommendations? What is it like compared to say Amsterdam, Edinburgh or Brussels?

2. Fantastic city. Has a lot of similarities to Amsterdam with loads of cyclists, great museums and galleries, canals to wander around. Loads of nice little bars to nip into but none of the stag do carry on.

3. Great city. If quite expensive. Don’t go and see the mermaid, it’s crap

Nicer than brussels or Amsterdam but quieter I would say. Don’t go to Brussels in fact, it’s shit

@AndyGray1985 lives in Copenhagen so will be able to give you proper advice

Chewit and Black Cat Gypsy like this.
  4. HANDSOME_DAN

HANDSOME_DAN Central Defender

expensive as owt. i find the nordic countries to be very pleasant but a bit boring. the weak pound makes most places in the EU feel expensive relative to here. unsure how price sensitive you are. weather is shite everywhere this time of year.

edinburgh and glasgow are good shouts. with a weekend away you want to minimise travel time as its only a couple of days. airports and transfers end up adding a lot of dead time into the mix. get a train up there and you can start the holiday straight away with drinks on the train.

i dont think there is a direct flight from the NE either, unless thats changed. no way do you want connecting flights just for a weekend away.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Black Cat Gypsy likes this.
  5. I'll be fly from Dublin and will be going in June. I heard it's beautiful but expensive.

6. Paddy O'Dors

Paddy O'Dors Striker

Wouldn't you be taking the missus away?

IAmZlatan and Black Cat Gypsy like this.
  7. cluffy

cluffy Striker

It's class. Don't know about beautiful mind. Though the lasses are

8. It can be but I had an apartment and I was surprised how cheap the stuff in the supermarket was, a lot of it was cheaper than the UK.

9. HANDSOME_DAN

HANDSOME_DAN Central Defender

ah. id just do it then. it is expensive but in 2 days you can only do so much damage.

10. Boris Bear

Boris Bear Striker

It’s wonderful wonderful

Ludwig likes this.
  11. tunstallhill

tunstallhill Striker

its awesome. search for the last few threads on Copenhagen, i've posed a bit of advice on a few of them, can't be bothered to type it all out again

deffo go for it, its really nice, loads to do, good art and music scene, not just about galleries and architecture (although theres plenty of that). google Christiania

12. James

James Striker

Hire a bike to get around.

It is about as expensive as London, just accept that and enjoy it for what it is.

Oh and don't waste your time with the brewery tour, it's absolutely shite.

13. Fusco

Fusco Midfield

Cheap bars in Christiania if you dont mind hippies or exotic tabs.

14. Laeotaekhun

Laeotaekhun Winger

You need to ask @alexander.

Lambchops and Black Cat Gypsy like this.
  15. AndyGray1985

AndyGray1985 Winger

I'm happy to help - send me a pm with your interests and maybe a budget and I'll give you some ideas

16. bmp1970

bmp1970 Midfield

Not that much much expensive than Dublin.

Nyhavn is nice for a stroll through.

The Spunk Bar in Vesterbro is cheap and an eye opener..

17. I enjoyed it.

18. James

James Striker

Fair enough. What bit? I thought it was complete crap. I thought the one in Amsterdam was shit as well like. :lol:

19. Dan..Dan..Dan..Dan

Dan..Dan..Dan..Dan Central Defender

It is much more Danish than all of those. I hope this helps.

alexander and Black Cat Gypsy like this.
  20. alexander

alexander Striker

Few tips in the thread here:

Copenhagen

If you get a chance have a look at the Rick Stein week-ends away series and the episode on Copenhagen. Some decent tips in that as well. I uploaded the episode to Google+ a while back and will happily have a look to see if it is still there if you like.