Controversial film opinions

Ferris Bueller is a cocky, thieving shithouse. If he nicked and crashed my vintage Ferrari, he’d need more than a’day off’ to recover.

And in real life, Broderick should have done time in prison for killing someone due to careless driving.
(Allegedly being noshed off by Jennifer Gray at the time)
Paid a few quid fine instead.

All American films of that era with the ‘Brat Pack’ and their peers were like pulling teeth. Even Lost Boys is only rescued by a couple of decent tracks. The 80s really was a cultural stink bomb.

Cry Little Sister has certainly stood the test of time.
Haunting track.

And in real life, Broderick should have done time in prison for killing someone due to careless driving.
(Allegedly being noshed off by Jennifer Gray at the time)
Paid a few quid fine instead.

Cry Little Sister has certainly stood the test of time.
Haunting track.
See my post above. According to wiki he killed two people and paid a hundred quid. You pay more than that over here for running a red light. Didn’t know about the blarsie like but I suppose it’s feasible.

Not a controversial film opinion, but an opinion on a controversial film

Kids by Larry Clark should be studied as part of any university level sociology course

I prefer Clerks 2 to the original (although I love both).

Also on the subject of Kevin Smith, Red State is excellent and the last great film he made (not that him not making anything better than “decent” in over a decade is controversial)

Last edited:
I prefer Clerks 2 to the original (although I love both).

Also on the subject of Kevin Smith, Red State is excellent and the last great film he made (not that him not making anything better than “decent” in over a decade is controversial)
Honestly the donkey scene is fantastic
That or pillow pants :lol:

Red State is very good. Think John goodman is brilliant in that

Back