Constant Problem with Flat Tyres

Ford's are the worst offenders. I get probably 2 or 3 Ford punters a week in, with this problem. It's nearly always a corrosion issue.
I have a a Focus and worried I might have to take it to Ford for the TPMS system itself and get fleeced. I had it at Halfords yesterday and they ran the diagnostics tool and said all of the sensors are working fine and I just needed to reset the system. I've done that myself loads of times but they didn't have anything further to add to that. At least I wasn't charged by them. No tyres have lost any pressure and I just had two replaced and a rotation a month ago. Any advice what to try next?

Edit: Sensor was flashing for about 11 months so wasn't caused by a tyre change.

Last edited:
I have a a Focus and worried I might have to take it to Ford for the TPMS system itself and get fleeced. I had it at Halfords yesterday and they ran the diagnostics tool and said all of the sensors are working fine and I just needed to reset the system. I've done that myself loads of times but they didn't have anything further to add to that. At least I wasn't charged by them. No tyres have lost any pressure and I just had two replaced and a rotation a month ago. Any advice what to try next?
Are you seeing anything on the dash display?

Are you seeing anything on the dash display?
Yeah it comes on when I start the car, saying tyre pressure sensor not detected. Flashes the orange light for about a minute and then solid orange light.
Also, at least one is working because it warned me when I had a flat tyre which is why I changed the pair.

Last edited:
Sums Halfords up🤷🏻‍♂️
Good ya sorted 👌🏼
I wouldn't usually except for very simple things but needs required it due to my 'always a day late' lifestyle. But even then this is supposed to be their bread and butter work.
Halfords. Say no more. All sorted now then?
Yeah Tyre Spot sorted it for a pretty penny. Ford do all 4 for less apparently but I had no time.

Back