Constant Problem with Flat Tyres

What's the going rate for an alloy refurb? I've got a front right tyre that does this but the car is a knackered old piece of shit that i want to spend as little on as possible

What's the going rate for an alloy refurb? I've got a front right tyre that does this but the car is a knackered old piece of shit that i want to spend as little on as possible
Mines costing £66 for one. Don’t know if that’s good or not but I’m happy with it if it fixes the issues for me.

My front left tyre is always deflating and I’m constantly having to pump it up. Been going on a few years despite getting new tyres. I had the car Mot’d and serviced a couple of weeks ago, got two new tyres fitted including the front left and within 2 days and very few miles, the light was on again and it had low pressure. Now I’m back to pumping it up all the time.

What’s going on? Is the garage I’m taking it to doing a shoddy job or could there be a problem with the wheel or alloy that keeps causing it? If there was something causing damage to the tyre then that should flag up on the MOT surely?

Anyways, I’m sick of pumping it up and want the fucker fixed properly. Where can I take it? 😆

If your alloys are battered or damaged air can leak out of the tyre. I paid 300 to get mine done at powder tech in Gateshead on recommendation of a car garage as they took all of their vehicles there before selling. They did a good job

Last edited:
£70 I think, SEM down southwick are good and so are RS in Hartlepool. Might be cheaper just buying a wheel from ebay

My front left tyre is always deflating and I’m constantly having to pump it up. Been going on a few years despite getting new tyres. I had the car Mot’d and serviced a couple of weeks ago, got two new tyres fitted including the front left and within 2 days and very few miles, the light was on again and it had low pressure. Now I’m back to pumping it up all the time.

What’s going on? Is the garage I’m taking it to doing a shoddy job or could there be a problem with the wheel or alloy that keeps causing it? If there was something causing damage to the tyre then that should flag up on the MOT surely?

Anyways, I’m sick of pumping it up and want the fucker fixed properly. Where can I take it? 😆
Can I ask what sort of car you got. Mine does this all the time and once when I was pumping it up the exact same car pulled up and we were moaning about always having to do it. I have a vw golf by the way.

Within my family we have 3 cars and at one point all of them were leaking air.
The alloys were rusted and air leaked around the inner rim, I took mine to Peacocks and they seem to ok now.
I’ve switched to Peacocks because of this exact reason as the other garage I got fed up of going back with zero improvement.

I’m not a tyre fitter but believe they should clean the inside of the rim with a wire brush type tool, they also put grease inside the rim by assume this is just to ear the tyre back on.

But maybe garages differ how they do it, I’ve definitely noticed a difference over the last few years.

So alloys clearly don’t get checked during MOT’s then even when causing damage?

Bit annoyed to have been having to get new tyres every year when I assumed any faults on the alloy would have been picked up when I pay for an MOT & Service.

So alloys clearly don’t get checked during MOT’s then even when causing damage?

Bit annoyed to have been having to get new tyres every year when I assumed any faults on the alloy would have been picked up when I pay for an MOT & Service.
You'd have to take the tyre's off the wheels to check for cracks & that ain't happening in an MOT test 😉

Last edited:
Had this issue on 2 front tyres with 54 plate Volvo. Took it to KJ TYRES n he removed the crap inside the alloy n been good ever since.
Think only charged about £20 a wheel

Back