Conspiracy theory poll, percentage of Britains who believe in:

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep

He’s proper social, that’s the weird thing. Just concerned how obsessed he’s becoming with all this 5g stuff. Try and talk about anything else, yet it always swings round to this. Before it wasn’t a problem cause I’d just say rightio, I’m off home!
I also think there's an element of "aren't I clever knowing something others don't"

I mean, let's say the received wisdom was that the 5g thing was true (lol) then you can bet your life your mate would be going on about how it was really coming from China!

Ironically they tend to be believed by people with little or no imagination. Like they go on wild flights of fantasy to compensate.
And lacking rational, analytical and critical thinking. There are plenty of imaginative nut jobs out there, spreading shite that these people fall for, hook, line and sinker. They tend to be quite selective too, on the content they view and fail or ignore to look at counter argument.

Most conspiracy theories are a pile of shite but the odd few have a grain of truth, along with some factual evidence, to be considered worth a look at with intense scrutiny.

Exactly. And claiming the Yanks and Soviets were in cahoots about covering up a faked landing is far less believable than landing on the moon itself.
They say that 400,000 Nasa employees were involved with the moon landings, surely one of them would've squealed by now if it hadn't of happened. I've heard people that were involved say that it would've been easier to send someone to the moon than fake it and then try to convince the whole world.

Too much time on his hands and possibly disappointed with some things in his life or that his future doesn't hold out much?

They've been there 100%. That lander was designed for a completely different environment from earth.

Staggering that people believe that it's a hoax, in truth. The logistics of perpetrating and maintaining a lie would be far more difficult.

Definitely been there, it's just a pity they destroyed the technology afterwards, so we won't be going back anytime soon.

Yep

He’s proper social, that’s the weird thing. Just concerned how obsessed he’s becoming with all this 5g stuff. Try and talk about anything else, yet it always swings round to this. Before it wasn’t a problem cause I’d just say rightio, I’m off home!
I don't want to judge the lad but being sociable doesn't exclude the feeling of not fitting in. There's loads of possible reasons why people invest their thoughts into them, ostracism, familiarity and comfort, feeling victimised or dis-empowered amongst loads of others.

You're obviously concerned and it may be that something has changed in their life and these beliefs fulfill that. I'd just try and spend time with the person and try keeping the conversation away from their theories.

And lacking rational, analytical and critical thinking. There are plenty of imaginative nut jobs out there, spreading shite that these people fall for, hook, line and sinker. They tend to be quite selective too, on the content they view and fail or ignore to look at counter argument.

Most conspiracy theories are a pile of shite but the odd few have a grain of truth, along with some factual evidence, to be considered worth a look at with intense scrutiny.
It's like people in the 80s saying Ozzy was a servant of Satan. :lol:
Logon or register to see this image

I mean, why would Satan pick a fat alcoholic drug addled nutter to spread his message??

Definitely been there, it's just a pity they destroyed the technology afterwards, so we won't be going back anytime soon.

Probably gives more credence to my claim about them not wanting to work with the Soviets than anything else.

Aye, it's a shame like.
Well, we'll be back soon enough so when we get evidence from the surface of the stuff left behind from last six visits it'll put this nonsense to bed once and for all.

I see believing in Aliens is longer considered a conspiracy theory otherwise it would surely be on that list. Haway the Aliens.

Aliens almost certainly do exist. The problematic bit is how far away any sentient life forms are likely to be from each other due to the sheer size of the universe, which means we may never meet each other

I see believing in Aliens is longer considered a conspiracy theory otherwise it would surely be on that list. Haway the Aliens.
The fillum? Or aliens the things? It's the last remaining thing where some humans cling on to us being in a special place in the universe - the only example of self-replicating life forms.

Last edited:
So... if you are the sort of person to call conspiracy theorists hurtful names like 'twats' 'wankers' and 'dickheads' you probably don't know what you are talking about.

Not all conspiracy theories are born equal though, are they. Flat earth, aliens visiting, we never went to the moon, Elvis didn't die, Paul did, while many people might not believe in them, there's no harm and maybe part of the fine British tradition of crankery and eccentricity and not deserving of abuse.

Denying the deaths of children shot by mass murderers or undermining public health by telling lies about vaccines or how CV-19 spreads? Twats, wankers and dickheads not strong enough, nowhere near strong enough.

Staggering that people believe that it's a hoax, in truth. The logistics of perpetrating and maintaining a lie would be far more difficult.
They want to believe the hoax. My brother in law is a moon landing denier, any time you try to talk him through the logistics of faking it and keeping it hidden it ends up with him in the huff going "how do you know, have you been, have you been" and getting red in the face. :lol:

They've been there 100%. That lander was designed for a completely different environment from earth.

Not to mention actually building and launching several massive rockets in full view. Not just one to say they'd done it, but four before the big one and another six afterwards for no apparent reason.

Last edited:
They say that 400,000 Nasa employees were involved with the moon landings, surely one of them would've squealed by now if it hadn't of happened. I've heard people that were involved say that it would've been easier to send someone to the moon than fake it and then try to convince the whole world.
New York city has a population of around 400,000 people so that's a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back