Connor Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is going to spend quite a few birthdays inside hopefully, did anyone actually know this pair of absolute melts?

His mam showed real courage and dignity outside the court, she has her own life sentence now don't think I could have been so brave

Watched her on the BBC news thought she was very brave and totally correct in saying there are no winners and how the two convicted lads had destroyed their lives too - I am hoping they get a sentence that will allow them to reflect on what they have done. Pity these two couldn't show some remorse. No doubt there will be some people outside of Sunderland who now think of it as a knife ridden no go zone - these two idiots have given every Sunderland knocker another weapon to slag the place of.

Watched her on the BBC news thought she was very brave and totally correct in saying there are no winners and how the two convicted lads had destroyed their lives too - I am hoping they get a sentence that will allow them to reflect on what they have done. Pity these two couldn't show some remorse. No doubt there will be some people outside of Sunderland who now think of it as a knife ridden no go zone - these two idiots have given every Sunderland knocker another weapon to slag the place of.

Hopefully they are killed in prison long before they have time to reflect.

No, he's doing a job that has to be done, much better scum like him have legal rep so there can be no mistakes in law that allows scum like this get away. Hopefully Connors family can move on the best they can knowing these bastards have to spend a decent amount of time in jail.

This, they have to have the best possible defence. If they dont this can lead to a mistrial. The defence was only doing what was expected of them, as grim as it looked

I followed the trial and the defence barrister clearly knew there was no way he could get Barrass off. He just kept trying to prove manslaughter instead to avoid a murder charge.
He just kept referring to it as an accident and that Connor fell onto the knife .... 5 times.

if that was the best defence he could muster then even he knew Barrass was going down for murder.

There just no mitigating circumstances to argue over, if he’d used a bottle off the floor or it was a single wound he might have had a chance, but to use the weapon he’d brought and for there to be so many injuries, it was a real punt to even hope for anything apart from murder.

I followed the trial and the defence barrister clearly knew there was no way he could get Barrass off. He just kept trying to prove manslaughter instead to avoid a murder charge.
He just kept referring to it as an accident and that Connor fell onto the knife .... 5 times.

if that was the best defence he could muster then even he knew Barrass was going down for murder.

There just no mitigating circumstances to argue over, if he’d used a bottle off the floor or it was a single wound he might have had a chance, but to use the weapon he’d brought and for there to be so many injuries, it was a real punt to even hope for anything apart from murder.

probs one of his easiest cases he will ever have.
Will have earned thousands too

imagine throwing what should be the best days of your life away to look like the big man carrying a knife down the town. Use it, kill some poor bastard and have to live with that for the rest of your life. Might be stupid little wankers now but as you get older that must be a millstone to carry around anyones neck. Stupid little idiots.

There is very little they could do if that was the version of events they were given. They also aren't stupid, Barrass's solicitor will have known from day one he was getting murder verdict.

imagine throwing what should be the best days of your life away to look like the big man carrying a knife down the town. Use it, kill some poor bastard and have to live with that for the rest of your life. Might be stupid little wankers now but as you get older that must be a millstone to carry around anyones neck. Stupid little idiots.
I blame drugs and the culture that goes with it
I watched the trial through the Sunderland echo and it seems very odd how that Ally Gordon lad didn’t even take to the stand. I mean he was claiming to be innocent. I was thinking maybe he went back with Barrass but knew nothing about the knife and was trying to help his mate who wasn’t getting on well in a fight. How wrong I was and it would appear there is cctv that can’t be played that’s too graphic which has Gordon as guilty as sin. Both vile and hopefully justice will be a dish served cold for these two vermin today.

Last edited:
The details of that case as summarized there must go down as one of the horrible and most tear inducing things I've read through to be honest.

There is nothing more fit or proper to describe them as then absolute scumbags. Reprehensible f***ing idiots and worthless rats. That "Joker" knife only adds to the absolute barbarity and the conscious recognition he knew what he sought to do with it.

A pending life sentence for the main one is fitting, and I hope they have second thoughts about letting him back on the streets any time soon.

Barrass’s sentence is for life with a minimum of 20 years for murder and 15 months for possession of a knife.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back