Conclusions from today

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Portsmouth will challenge for promotion...no question.

We have added steel to our quality.
Willis adds much needed power and athleticism at cb.
I agree but their RB and their new CB looked poor players and Marquis is over rated. I was unimpressed with them today - they started off with 2 defeats in 3 games and I think they are poorer than last year.

Never seen Marquis do anything.and his hair is criminal. He had a shit man bun last season and has swapped it for a big bouffant new wave layered cut that went out of fashion circa 1982.
I know we scored 2 today but defensively they look very decent. I'd love that Burgess in our team. Up front was where they seemed to lack anything.
Burgess had it easy until Wyke came on. But I agree someone like him would be ideal.

Last edited:
Portsmouth won't make the play offs ....look average at best....
We have by far the best keeper in the league by far....
Ozturk was outstanding today..
O Nien will run through brick walls for Safc..
Give me 11 of him every day of the week
The performance doesn't matter ....it's the results that counts ....mcgeady is our star ......without him we would be in shit creek....get behind jack Ross ....promotion beckons
Portsmouth kept the ball a lot better than us, against lesser teams they will win games very comfortably.

Happy with the win, but we don't look a good team, midfield is wide open and attacks are slowed down because the MF sit to deep, attacks usually end up with the ball coming back for the big lump up to no one.

Slow start yet again. Outplayed generally by Portsmouth, we just had a bit extra quality than they did.
Have to stick with Ozturk & Willis, best pairing we have at the back.
Wykes a handfull, need him to stay fit.
Grigg is a waste of oxygen.

The centre half combination is solid for this level, injury to one will make us significantly weaker.

Leadbitter is more useful than I thought he would be.

We could do with a goal scoring striker.

Mcgeady needs to be wrapped in cotton wool, we will struggle without him.

Players seem up for it.

A goal scoring striker would be a bit of a novelty at Sunderland, having said that have that I do think the players look up for it, so will be interesting to see how the season plays out.

JR knows his best CB pairing now. Midfield can be strengthened with Dobson in there. Full back 09 will remain due to nothing better. LB new solid man required please, or that lass who played down the left for USA. One BIG fuck off ctr mid man required, just to frighten the bastards.

All of this yes but JR needs to now run with this and show he can be the man to lead us.......still ?????s though.
mcloughlin is a better right back than onien..sign a left vback and polay mcloughlin in his actual postion and we will be much more balanced..

Defended much better second half
We need to pass the ball much better and quicker offensively
Tracking back and closing down was very good today
Grigg is the laziest player on the books and his attitude stinks

Ross did two things right today. Ozturk and Willis partnership at the back and changed the formation so Gooch, McGeady, McGuire and McNulty all on the pitch. Chances are one of them is going to do something. Still need to see a stronger midfield. Surprised Dobson isn't playing

Portsmouth won't make the play offs ....look average at best....
We have by far the best keeper in the league by far....
Ozturk was outstanding today..
O Nien will run through brick walls for Safc..
Give me 11 of him every day of the week
The performance doesn't matter ....it's the results that counts ....mcgeady is our star ......without him we would be in shit creek....get behind jack Ross ....promotion beckons
They will like :eek:

A goal scoring striker would be a bit of a novelty at Sunderland, having said that have that I do think the players look up for it, so will be interesting to see how the season plays out.

Eh? In the last three seasons we've had Defoe, Grabban and Maja. :confused:

That said, I think McNulty will get a few. He seems to be able to find space. If him, Wyke, Maguire and Grigg (ha) can share the load, we'll be in decent shape.

Happy with the win, but we don't look a good team, midfield is wide open and attacks are slowed down because the MF sit to deep, attacks usually end up with the ball coming back for the big lump up to no one.

Midfield “wide open” but they hardly created a single chance all game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back