Concerts at SOL in 2022

It's Elton John man. If it was Paul McCartney I'd be all ower it, but Elton John... 🤭
Come on now, get over yourself. Just because you don't like him. I personally detest stuff like stormzy and wouldn't pay 20p to watch him, but I wouldn't slag it off if he or his type of music was a coup for the city.

Come on now, get over yourself. Just because you don't like him. I personally detest stuff like stormzy and wouldn't pay 20p to watch him, but I wouldn't slag it off if he or his type of music was a coup for the city.

The city needs to cater for everyone in the city therefore there is a place for these types of events. I’m not an Elton fan and probably won’t go to the gig but it good news for the city, even just on the corporate side of things. Good way to bring investors / companies to the city.

Give ower man, Macca’s voice is more shot than Eltons
Thing is, when you're there, the production, the show and the atmosphere carry it anyway. These youtube recordings etc never do it justice.

I've already made me mind up to go and see Macca given the chance. He's a Beatle FFS, so what if he's strains a bit with his voice these days, I kna all the words anyway.

Mind I'll be gannin' for pisses n pints during the Wings nonsense.

Last edited:
Amazing to get Elton John up here.
Not really my type of music tbh, but he's an absolute legend of music and this is the very last time we'll get to see him - so I'll be there.
Eh? He played the arena and cricket club didnt he? Not such a swoop as you make out

Thing is, when you're there, the production, the show and the atmosphere carry it anyway. These youtube recordings etc never do it justice.

I've already made me mind up to go and see Macca given the chance. He's a Beatle FFS, so what if he's strains a bit with his voice these days, I kna all the words anyway.

Mind I'll be gannin' for pisses n pints during the Wings nonsense.

yeah this is true….Acts like Macca and Elton have so many great songs that it will be hard not to enjoy the show

stormzy imo would shift more tickets than Elton

stormzy imo would shift more tickets than Elton
Probably both sell it out, but I'm not down with the kids to know how popular Stormzy really is.

Point is, just because I personally think that him/the type of music is rank awful, doesn't mean I'd post laughing emojis and complain about it being him if it was announced.

Probably both sell it out, but I'm not down with the kids to know how popular Stormzy really is.

Point is, just because I personally think that him/the type of music is rank awful, doesn't mean I'd post laughing emojis and complain about it being him if it was announced.

fully agree with your point.

I’m not a particular fan of Elton though nobody can argue with his back catalogue. Prices look steep but hope all who go thoroughly enjoy it.

PS. Stormzy is huge. If it adds context, he a Glastonbury headliner whereas uncle Elton is the Sunday slot !!

fully agree with your point.

I’m not a particular fan of Elton though nobody can argue with his back catalogue. Prices look steep but hope all who go thoroughly enjoy it.

PS. Stormzy is huge. If it adds context, he a Glastonbury headliner whereas uncle Elton is the Sunday slot !!

He's rumoured to be headlining it next year

Back