Concerts at SOL in 2022

Wonder if Elton will adapt his playlist a bit?

“A candle in the (North East) wind”

“I’m still standing (waiting for a Metro)”

“Don’t let the Sun(derland) go down on me”

“Rocket (train) Man”

“(Tyne and Wear) Border Song”

“Goodbye Yellow Brick (Great North) Road”

Not arguing about that mate, i agree, you asked why you weren't on the list, and i answered
The lack of access points, etc means the stage position cuts the SJP concert capacity a canny bit! I cannot find official details, but taken from the last batch of gigs up here:

“You can see the full scale of St James’ Park packed with 50,000 people.” - Chronicles review of Ed Sheeran.
"The show played out in front of 55,000 at Sunderland’s Stadium Of Light" - The Metro review of Take That

So it appears that not only the SoL is the better stadium for concerts (being able to actually host big production shows), but also has a bigger capacity for stadium concerts. Seems to me Ticketmaster needs to update that list.

The lack of access points, etc means the stage position cuts the SJP concert capacity a canny bit! I cannot find official details, but taken from the last batch of gigs up here:

“You can see the full scale of St James’ Park packed with 50,000 people.” - Chronicles review of Ed Sheeran.
"The show played out in front of 55,000 at Sunderland’s Stadium Of Light" - The Metro review of Take That

So it appears that not only the SoL is the better stadium for concerts (being able to actually host big production shows), but also has a bigger capacity for stadium concerts. Seems to me Ticketmaster needs to update that list.

that just means more fans attended take that than ed sheeran

Back