Compulsory purchase order

the kid went onto be a lesbian private detective who was blackmailing people with their secrets and also contacted her real father about the fact he had an illegitimate kid and telling her half brother that his wife had faked a pregnancy a few years earlier.

there was no investigation into the wives disappearance as it was presume she had left him
Ah you twat I've just realised you're spoiling the bloody thing I'm watching at the minute :evil:

the kid went onto be a lesbian private detective who was blackmailing people with their secrets and also contacted her real father about the fact he had an illegitimate kid and telling her half brother that his wife had faked a pregnancy a few years earlier.

there was no investigation into the wives disappearance as it was presume she had left him
Is that a spoiler for Westworld Series 3?

I remember one apartment block in the states where the occupants refused to move. The company hired a local lad to intimidate the elderly couple who lived there, the old lady had Alzheimer's and thought the local lad was her dead son. It was really a sad,l case, but luckily the man on the top floor found a group of baby aliens who fixed everything.

Heard about a guy who was fighting one against a big powerful developer who used to be his neighbour. He was the only one left holding out against the developer and when he finally lost the legal battle they tore down the house only to find his wife’s body buried in the walls of the house. Turned out she had had a kid with the developer but said it was her husbands and when she tried to leave him he killed her.
Love jackonory when I was a kid...

I wonder what happened to that guy who would move in Ford estate next to the double roundabout.

Looks like he was living in a semi detached and all other residents including his neighbour had moved out.
The house what extended and well cared for and it seemed that he wouldn't move.

One day it was all sorted, the house was gone and a load of new builds was in it's place.

Anyone?
Maybe ended up going to court?

There was a load of fuss with a local landlord being done for libel against Gentoo execs over the CPOs in Ford. £100k fine.

HS2 paid £6.8m for this property and they can't even knock it down.

I think they had little choice. You can just imagine how much bad press they'd get if they p***ed of John Bishop.
He'd talk about it on every panel show.
His next tour would be the "HS2 ruined my house tour".
He'd join every anti HS2 group and give them tons of publicity.

... basically they were painted into a corner

I think they had little choice. You can just imagine how much bad press they'd get if they p***ed of John Bishop.
He'd talk about it on every panel show.
His next tour would be the "HS2 ruined my house tour".
He'd join every anti HS2 group and give them tons of publicity.

... basically they were painted into a corner

Grade 11 listed though. They must be planning to decorate the route with interesting but empty historical artifacts. A veritable post-Brexit Disneyland for the millions of new tourists who want to witness the success story of the country that took back control.

Last edited:
Heard about a guy who was fighting one against a big powerful developer who used to be his neighbour. He was the only one left holding out against the developer and when he finally lost the legal battle they tore down the house only to find his wife’s body buried in the walls of the house. Turned out she had had a kid with the developer but said it was her husbands and when she tried to leave him he killed her.
I read this with the tales of the unexpected theme tune running through my heed.

Ah you f***ing knob, I’ve just watched the first 3 episodes of that and obviously haven’t got to the body bit yet :evil:

mind it is very tales of the unexpected-esq

A fair few people got a raw deal from the Gentoo build over at the Doxy flat-roof houses iirc. Offered a pittance for what were perfectly functional 3-4 bed family homes. Pretty disgraceful really.
They weren't functional though.
They were Non traditional hybrid construction. Plenty of banks wouldn't lend on them and were plagued by issues with condensation etc.

They weren't functional though.
They were Non traditional hybrid construction. Plenty of banks wouldn't lend on them and were plagued by issues with condensation etc.
They were functional to the families living in them. The money offered to the owners was in no way reflective of that. Pure and simple.

They were functional to the families living in them. The money offered to the owners was in no way reflective of that. Pure and simple.
No you're wrong.
People couldn't wait to leave them.
Flat roofs / steel framed construction with lightweight crosswalls.
The valuation for compulsory purchase reflected that.
You might have a different option which is fair enough.

Back