Compulsory purchase order

Heard about a guy who was fighting one against a big powerful developer who used to be his neighbour. He was the only one left holding out against the developer and when he finally lost the legal battle they tore down the house only to find his wife’s body buried in the walls of the house. Turned out she had had a kid with the developer but said it was her husbands and when she tried to leave him he killed her.

I work with a business that’s going to be used as part of the HS2 build, it’ll be the workshop.

They’ve purchased the whole trading estate. Goodness knows what they’re paying.

Heard a lot in the news about them lately what with HS2. Anyone had a property of theres subject to one? Intrigued to hear about the process, money offered, time given etc etc
Back in 1988, the 4 bedroom, town centre house where I was born, was the subject of a CPO.
We were offered another similar sized house, over at the Headland in Hartlepool, but turned it down, to remain in the town centre.
My parents were given a fraction, of the house's true monetary worth.
It was the best house in our street, and the money they were given for it, was derisory. :evil:

Heard about a guy who was fighting one against a big powerful developer who used to be his neighbour. He was the only one left holding out against the developer and when he finally lost the legal battle they tore down the house only to find his wife’s body buried in the walls of the house. Turned out she had had a kid with the developer but said it was her husbands and when she tried to leave him he killed her.

you forgot about the pointless decapitation of a llama

I work with a business that’s going to be used as part of the HS2 build, it’ll be the workshop.

They’ve purchased the whole trading estate. Goodness knows what they’re paying.
Land prices around there have gone through the roof. Not necessarily on the actual planned site. Loads of house building planned due to it (and no doubt commercial property too but I don't know much about that). It's certainly making developers and land owners lots of money.

Land prices around there have gone through the roof. Not necessarily on the actual planned site. Loads of house building planned due to it (and no doubt commercial property too but I don't know much about that). It's certainly making developers and land owners lots of money.
I know of a business, huge global organisation, one of their franchise partners bought the Birmingham businesses purely for the land the sites sat on. All prime HS2 development land. The business is owned by the Chinese.
you forgot about the pointless decapitation of a llama
Well that’s f***ing spoilt it.

I would buy a property near the train station in Birmingham if i didn't rent and have no money that bubble will blow up massivley. 45 minutes to London wages is a metty mission commute.

You'd have thought that he would have removed the body before they knocked it down.

What happened to the kid?

No investigations into his missing wife? Nobody else reported her missing?

A fair few people got a raw deal from the Gentoo build over at the Doxy flat-roof houses iirc. Offered a pittance for what were perfectly functional 3-4 bed family homes. Pretty disgraceful really.

A fair few people got a raw deal from the Gentoo build over at the Doxy flat-roof houses iirc. Offered a pittance for what were perfectly functional 3-4 bed family homes. Pretty disgraceful really.
Yeah, remember similar at Marley Potts and Ford when they were flattening parts of those estates. They were offering £30k for £60k+ houses. Quite rightly the homeowners were questioning what they were supposed to do with that. Some of them in their 60s being told it would be a hefty deposit on a new place. Madness.
Disney made a documentary about something similar, little man vs big business. It's called "Up" if you want to watch it.
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
I wonder what happened to that guy who would move in Ford estate next to the double roundabout.

Looks like he was living in a semi detached and all other residents including his neighbour had moved out.
The house what extended and well cared for and it seemed that he wouldn't move.

One day it was all sorted, the house was gone and a load of new builds was in it's place.

Anyone?

What happened to the kid?

No investigations into his missing wife? Nobody else reported her missing?
the kid went onto be a lesbian private detective who was blackmailing people with their secrets and also contacted her real father about the fact he had an illegitimate kid and telling her half brother that his wife had faked a pregnancy a few years earlier.

there was no investigation into the wives disappearance as it was presume she had left him

the kid went onto be a lesbian private detective who was blackmailing people with their secrets and also contacted her real father about the fact he had an illegitimate kid and telling her half brother that his wife had faked a pregnancy a few years earlier.

there was no investigation into the wives disappearance as it was presume she had left him

Didn't happen

Heard a lot in the news about them lately what with HS2. Anyone had a property of theres subject to one? Intrigued to hear about the process, money offered, time given etc etc
In simple terms they are allowed where development is considered for public betterment or in the public interest. Landowners are meant to be compensated so they are in no worse position than when they started. The body acquiring the land will pay fees for solicitors and Valuer advice taken by the landowner. A simple cpo can take 18 months

The costs of HS2 will be escalating because of costs on CPO’s as well as fees to surveyors and solicitors for things like schedules of condition on nearby buildings

Back