Coffee machine thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tassimo they are better

Both tassimo and the Nescafé one should go straight in the bin!

If you must use mainstream pods only the nespresso is even half decent.

Behave man it's like like a Chinese finger puzzle using one of them at 0730

They are mind haha! Got to get the heat just right as well or it's ruined.

you can get costa coffee for it whats not to like

The taste. They taste nowt like what you get in costa. They are rotten :lol:

There's no pressure, so half the flavour of the beans is never extracted. And its the smooth, creamy half.

Half is being a bit too kind mate :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: PTR

Got me mam and dad a Nespresso for Christmas and they love it, and it does make a canny cup. I’d always go for a proper espresso machine and a grinder mesel. Mine are separate so if one gives up the ghost I simply replace that instead of forking out for a whole new bean to cup machine. I only drink normal coffee so never even used the frother on mine.

A bag of beans gets me around 30-40 cups at a guess so 10p a cup or so. And the coffee is better than the Nespresso. You can get a nice big cup as well if you pack enough coffee in, the Nespresso you’d need to use two pods.

I’ve got an aeropress at work and it is good, better than a cafetiere, but no comparison to a proper coffee from my machine at home.

Got me mam and dad a Nespresso for Christmas and they love it, and it does make a canny cup. I’d always go for a proper espresso machine and a grinder mesel. Mine are separate so if one gives up the ghost I simply replace that instead of forking out for a whole new bean to cup machine. I only drink normal coffee so never even used the frother on mine.

A bag of beans gets me around 30-40 cups at a guess so 10p a cup or so. And the coffee is better than the Nespresso. You can get a nice big cup as well if you pack enough coffee in, the Nespresso you’d need to use two pods.

I’ve got an aeropress at work and it is good, better than a cafetiere, but no comparison to a proper coffee from my machine at home.

Some good points there, although coffee should always be drank in small amounts. I find the big cups you get in some of the coffee shop chains to be vulgar.

Some good points there, although coffee should always be drank in small amounts. I find the big cups you get in some of the coffee shop chains to be vulgar.

Aye, some are like soup bowls. I can’t get away with tiny shots of coffee mesel though, but the largest I have at home would probably be a small Costa, though I could be wrong as I usually only drink it at home anyway. Every time I go to Costa (parents like it so occasionally go there with them) I marvel at how busy it is considering its just such average coffee.

this is what i've got

Handy for travelling, but too complicated for me.

I simply dump the ground coffee into a mug and pour on the hot water.
There's a bit of residue left after drinking, but by then it's completely tasteless and it's simply a matter of rinsing the mug before the next one.
Keep life simple, that's what I always say.

What's this shite? As discussed instant coffee is vile.

Nice stuff this man, you're obviously making your cups of instant coffee incorrectly....

I bet you put the milk in last do you....? :rolleyes::confused: nee wonder it tastes burnt! #coffemilkstirthenhotwater

this is what i've got
Mokka Pots get great reviews, but I've never made a coffee that I think is "very good" with one ever.

Better than a filter jug, or cafeteire , sure, but not a patch on a pumped espresso machine, even a £60 one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back