Coffee machine thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be a bit annoyed if I'd bought a massive machine like that and spent £350 and it didn't make an automatic latte/cappuccino though?

Aye I was in it purely for the espresso mate. Don't drink owt else, other than maybe an Americano from time to time. So was all about the quality of the espresso for me rather than spoiling the coffee with milk (haha)

On the other upside you don't end up raping the planet either
Indeed. Those pod machines are horribly wasteful and stupidly expensive when you compare it to a bean to cup - its a total false economy.

If you want good coffee with one press of a button, just spend the extra money and open up the entire world of coffee beans at a fraction of the cost and better quality!

Bean to cup are superb, unfortunately mine is goosed and making do with my lavazza modo mio pod thingy
What's wrong with it mate?

Mine died on me, and I took a risk on replacing the part that does the brewing - the bit you can take out to clean. Fixed the issue instantly.

Aye I was in it purely for the espresso mate. Don't drink owt else, other than maybe an Americano from time to time. So was all about the quality of the espresso for me rather than spoiling the coffee with milk (haha)
I guess if you want PROPER espresso, then there's a reason why you can pay £2000. You're right.

The milk bit of my machine is a bit crap mind, I can froth it myself FAR better than the machine does - but it is good enough, and dead easy - so I live with it.

Indeed. Those pod machines are horribly wasteful and stupidly expensive when you compare it to a bean to cup - its a total false economy.

If you want good coffee with one press of a button, just spend the extra money and open up the entire world of coffee beans at a fraction of the cost and better quality!
Pods are very convinient though. Plus you can have whatever you fancy by choosing a different pod.

Pods are very convinient though. Plus you can have whatever you fancy by choosing a different pod.
More convenient to store & place in the machine each time than dumping 500g bag of beans into a hopper once every ~30 cups

And you can get them from £2.50 a bag (2 for £5 in Asda on a reasonable range)- 8p a cup!

More convenient to store & place in the machine each time than dumping 500g bag of beans into a hopper once every ~30 cups
Does the machine do everything for you though. I don't really understand how coffee works. Surely with a bean you are restricted to the same flavour Over and over again.

Does the machine do everything for you though. I don't really understand how coffee works. Surely with a bean you are restricted to the same flavour Over and over again.
I take the jug of milk out of the fridge, put it in place.
Pug a cup in the machine
Press the type of coffee I want - espresso (single/double), latte, cappucino, machiato, americano (one or two)
Drink it

Yes, of course I can only have that one type of bean until I refill the hopper. Not a major issue for the vast majority though?

They are! Out of them all nespresso is the best, but even that's just OK.

It's worked though, people have been suckered right into it!

I guess if you want PROPER espresso, then there's a reason why you can pay £2000. You're right.

The milk bit of my machine is a bit crap mind, I can froth it myself FAR better than the machine does - but it is good enough, and dead easy - so I live with it.

Oh aye for sure, although mine is anazing for espresso it's not as good still as a 2k machine, absolutely not. It does come VERY close though. Which suits me at a fraction of the price of the proper lot.

Reactions: PTR
I have a Delonghi espresso machine and love it. It's not bean to cup, just takes ground coffee - I usually use Lavazza but I picked up some Segafredo for £1.19 for the same size pack at B&M a couple of weeks back.

My dad has a Krupps bean to cup machine and he loves that too. On the recommendation of his best mate he used the German Amazon site and saved £150 on the UK price!

Sister bought us an Aeropress a while back and it sat unused in cupboard for at least a year as Mrs. W (no) was a bit traditional in brewing coffee.

Decided to give it a go or sling it. Never stopped using it since. Wife loves it.

I prefer tea so I just have scratters coffee out of a jar instead of real coffee

De'Longhi Magnifica 4200 is the one to go with. Pricey at first, but will pay for itself quickly in comparison with a pod machine. It's much cheaper per cup and with the beans being freshly ground each time, they don't lose the oils to the same extent as with the pods.

I've had mine for about 4 years now, not skipped a beat in all that time and still makes a perfect cup of espresso every morning.
That's what I've got. Cracking bit of kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back