Climate Change - Time to start refocusing efforts?

And 0.04 percent carbon in the atmosphere isn't really the equivalent to drowning in a swimming pool full of water, is it? When you say, a lot less, how much, exactly?

Sorry to interject, how do you know even slight rise in CO2 isn’t crucial to delicate systems that taken collectively sustain us?
A lot of what climate change is about, isn’t bluntly whats warming or not. But more so about subtle changes to ecosystem that are sensitive to environmental changes.
Take for instance the salinity of the seas changes the overturning currents, which provides nutrients to phytoplankton. 50% of global oxygen comes from marine organisms. Freshwater melting into the seas changes these currents
Or we don’t know the threshold that causes feed forwarding loops…….eg, loss of ice covered surfaces causes the surface albedo to be less reflective, meaning more energy is absorbed, which causes more ice loss etc. or higher temperatures causing more fires that causes more co2 to be released……causing more fires. Same with the melting of the permafrosts.

Some of those idiots are old enough to be popping their clogs shortly. Unfortunately there’s enough of that scum to continue with their agenda.
Look kid. You still believe Trump won the election because YouTube told you so. YouTube tells you loads of stuff that is utter shite, yet you still post the links up here to "destroy" all our arguments.
Stay off Youtube, it's making you look silly and unintelligent.

I just read that over 1000 private jets attended the superbowl. We've all been doing the recycling things for years, but I can't help but think it's all a bit of a waste of time whilst everyone isn't on board this journey.

Capitalism has been amazing for world development, but it's going to end up destroying us all.

As much as private jets are part of the problem. The aviation industry entirely (both private and commercial) contributes to less than 10% of greenhouse gas emissions…..I think it’s around 2%!
The biggest contributors of greenhouse gas is for energy, concrete production, and other forms of transportation…cars, lorries etc given the quantity of them worldwide.

I've always been of the opinion that although the climate is clearly changing, humans can do very little about it,it's gonna change whatever we do. plus you can't have idiots like the UK banning all kinds when there's other countries doing what the hell they want. Focus on the environment yes , absolutely but let's not pretend that spending more money on alternatives will do anything
I sometimes find it hard to believe people can be so unbelievably ignorant.
When there is so much evidence that humans have caused the changes to the climate that they can then say humans can do very little about it worsening.

"I'm not doing it because he's not doing it"

To be fair the sooner the planet wipes us out the better for the creatures that survive.

Last edited:
I sometimes find it hard to believe people can be so unbelievably ignorant.
When there is so much evidence that humans have caused the changes to the climate that they can then say humans can do very little about it worsening.

"I'm not doing it because he's not doing it"

To be fair the sooner the planet wipes us out the better for the creatures that survive.
Aye can't wait for humans to be wiped out and the planet to be left for animals, weirdo

Look kid. You still believe Trump won the election because YouTube told you so. YouTube tells you loads of stuff that is utter shite, yet you still post the links up here to "destroy" all our arguments.
Stay off Youtube, it's making you look silly and unintelligent.

Don’t ‘kid’ me sunshine, I’m probably old enough to be your father.

Haven’t you any homework you should be getting on with you cheeky little beggar?

Aye can't wait for humans to be wiped out and the planet to be left for animals, weirdo

we'll be wiped out one way or another. the only silver lining could possibly be that the plants and animals can survive and claim back the planet, returning it to its natural state

mind boggling that their are adults in this country that don't believe in climate change

Humans are animals. Doofus

Haven’t you any homework you should be getting on with you cheeky little beggar?
Doesn't prevent you being ignorant. You berk.

Doesn't prevent you being ignorant. You berk.

What's the SMB's view on this? Some very concerning recent numbers in regards to sea surface temperatures and climate sensitivity. Sabine is as straight-talking as they come, and she gives us 20 years*.

It feels like it should be hitting the news a lot more than it is. Focus seems to have been lost, thanks to the geopolitical shitstorm created by old men who'll be pushing up daisies by the time rest of us have to suffer the consequences.

*Worst case scenario
It’s an absolute money making load of bollocks. More chance of buying a centre forward than the climate changing

It’s an absolute money making load of bollocks. More chance of buying a centre forward than the climate changing
CBA to get into a debate about whether climate change is bollocks or not. Just as much as you probably CBA to get into an equivalent argument about whether centre forwards are real as a consequence of watching SAFC.

Climate Adam always presents a balanced view, though he paints his fingernails so it'll be dismissed as woke by some.

TL: DW - Scary figures for the last year but not enough info to say it's accelerating.

Back