Climate Change - Time to start refocusing efforts?

TexasMackem

Striker
What's the SMB's view on this? Some very concerning recent numbers in regards to sea surface temperatures and climate sensitivity. Sabine is as straight-talking as they come, and she gives us 20 years*.

It feels like it should be hitting the news a lot more than it is. Focus seems to have been lost, thanks to the geopolitical shitstorm created by old men who'll be pushing up daisies by the time rest of us have to suffer the consequences.

*Worst case scenario

Nothing will happen in terms of concerted efforts. The people in charge today will likely be dead by the time the full impact is seen and won't have to deal with the consequences.

Pension providers and private investors are still buying into fossil fuel stocks. Oil countries lobbying weak politicians. The media have made sure anyone trying to protest is branded a left wing loon and are actively hated.

Many people may want change but few are willing to pay for it. The people in charge certainly won't compromise their lifestyle.

The only hope is some type of clean fuel but that tech is still seems a long way off.

The racist climate deniers are are going to be in a paradox when climate change forces mass migration to stable temperate countries .

Last edited:
Nothing will happen in terms of concerted efforts. The people in charge today will likely be dead by the time the full impact is seen and won't have to deal with the consequences.

Pension providers and private investors are still buying into fossil fuel stocks. Oil countries lobbying weak politicians. The media have made sure anyone trying to protest is branded a left wing loon and are actively hated.

Many people may want change but few are willing to pay for it. The people in charge certainly won't compromise their lifestyle.

The only hope is some type of clean fuel but that tech is still seems a long way off.

The racist climate deniers are are going to be in a paradox when climate change forces mass migration to stable temperate countries .
^^^ This

‘Climate deniers’ are racist too? :lol:

This may assist you to understand the origin of the ‘climate deniers’ term:

Over populated, over consuming world. Nowt will change in my lifetime, when big polluters like China, India and USA go unchecked.

‘Over population’ is a key term used by those heavily glazed by climate agenda propaganda.

I refer you to my post with embedded video for further education.

Last edited:
People who worry about ‘climate change’ take advice from Swedish teenage girls whilst driving EV’s at the expense of child labour decimating third world countries for cobalt.

ie absolutely clueless.
Thats why I posted a video from a renowned theoretical physicist (granted still not necessarily her field), not a Swedish teenage girl. It's actually quite a balanced explanation, ie, she conceded it could be bollocks. I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts after watching it?

Thats why I posted a video from a renowned theoretical physicist (granted still not necessarily her field), not a Swedish teenage girl. It's actually quite a balanced explanation, ie, she conceded it could be bollocks. I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts after watching it?

I wouldn't hold your breath for a sensible answer. It will be some some rabbit hole shite, likely paid for or pushed by the people who have an interest on ensuring the stats quo who don't want people taking note of the actual data.

‘Climate deniers’ are racist too? :lol:

This may assist you to understand the origin of the ‘climate deniers’ term:

‘Over population’ is a key term used by those heavily glazed by climate agenda propaganda.

I refer you to my post with embedded video for further education.
The population of the planet is growing exponentially, that is not propaganda.

I've always been of the opinion that although the climate is clearly changing, humans can do very little about it,it's gonna change whatever we do. plus you can't have idiots like the UK banning all kinds when there's other countries doing what the hell they want. Focus on the environment yes , absolutely but let's not pretend that spending more money on alternatives will do anything

Its not really. Wind, solar and tide could easily provide us with carbon free power but the energy companies will not be raking in megabucks if they head down that route. The greed of man will be our undoing. Ultimately the planet will recover once we fuck ourselves over, nature always does, so we're only shooting ourselves in the metaphorical foot.
Maybe we need to rethink our energy use? Instead of having untapped limitless power, charging multiple devices daily, we should be trying to restrict our consumption- but again, where is the profit to be made from that?

I'm all for nature, conservation and looking after the environment in terms of not polluting our rivers, seas and protecting our wild places.

But there's clearly an agenda which pins climate change on the masses while the rich & powerful can do whatever the hell they want.

Has climate change not occured long before man ever set foot on this earth?

It is a narrative which could be very effective at convincing people to give up more of their freedoms and is already used as excuse for more taxes so it's not something I'll be supporting.

Back