Classic films that you think are shite

I never liked ET or Rebel without a cause
I actually do not rate James Dean as an actor at all (probs a whole separate thread somewhere about supposed great actors who you think are shite).

Sal Mineo (?) And Natalie Wood excellent in it. A good film except James Dean is crap so makes it unwatchable. In my Barry Normanesque esteemed opinion of course.
If James Dean had played ET it could have been a decent movie.
Nope, would have made it even worse.

Last edited:
I actually do not rate James Dean as an actor at all (probs a whole separate thread somewhere about supposed great actors who you think are shite).

Sal Mineo (?) And Natalie Wood excellent in it. A good film except James Dean is crap so makes it unwatchable. In my Barry Normanesque esteemed opinion of course.
Yeah concurred. If you leave aside the whole myth surrounding JD and his early death and “what could have been” etc you can see that he’s desperately trying to “do something” in that role with the mumbling and scratching and screaming etc but it just comes off like he’s attended a crash course weekend with Stanislav and he’s trying to pack everything he learned into one role.

Yeah concurred. If you leave aside the whole myth surrounding JD and his early death and “what could have been” etc you can see that he’s desperately trying to “do something” in that role with the mumbling and scratching and screaming etc but it just comes off like he’s attended a crash course weekend with Stanislav and he’s trying to pack everything he learned into one role.

He was just a poor man's River Phoenix

Back