Class Pre-Season memories

Got loads but just read about our bond with Man City years ago on another thread. Reminded me of Ian Brightwell’s testimonial.

That was a fun afternoon as fans sung about Jamie Pollock.

Who was there?? Remember a canny turnout and a bin used as a drum.

Fond memories of an Irish bar in Breda, swapping Nick Cave bootlegs with some random Dutch bloke (not a euphemism!). Then we got stuffed by NAC. Must have been about 20001? Certainly before digital music was a thing and when it was still socially acceptable to have hard copies of your tunes.

Korea was a bit special anarl. Was kipping at a mate's flat in Seoul, and wasn't popular stumbling in at daft o'clock after getting ratted in Suwon following a miserable 1-0 defeat to some Korean team. She'd booked us onto a trip to the DMZ for the next day, which was fine, but we had to meet the bus at about 7:30 am. It was all run by the US military base, so lots of paperwork and security checks before we set off, with me hiding behind sunglasses, clutching a bottle of water like my life depended on it (possibly because my life actually depended on it) and desperately trying not to throw up on a US army bus.

So yeah, crap football and random memories to treasure. Supporting SAFC in a nutshell.
Steve Agnew having a radge v Steau Bucharest in Dickie Ord's testimonial and having to be subbed by Reidy.
Remember that one anarl.

Never done an abroad one but have always wanted to

been up to Rangers and Celtic in the late 90s / early 00s and enjoyed seeing both stadiums

then just doable, cheap ones to tick off grounds everywhere from Gateshead, darlo, Rotherham…

I remember going to Leicester prob only about 10 years ago and we were in prem they may have been in champ or L1 and thinking “what has happened to this club?” (Leicester)…. Fuck me that spun back on us!

The game against Spurs during the Di Canio reign. After watching that game, i managed to convince myself that we had a decent team.

Getting battered off Mansfield for the opening of their new ground, canny fish and chips at the end of it though once we finally found a chippy.

done Celtic twice away which was decent (certainly better than the home game!)

juve and Ajax at home, looking back didn’t appreciate how good some of the players were in the opposition

Hamilton Accies,we were in the Railway Club near the ground the match was dire so at half time we went back there.
Earlier in the day we had been in Jimmy Johnstones Bar somewhere in Hamilton.

Back