RTG Clap for AB22 Easy Tiger - 22nd minute on Saturday

Roger

Striker
For anyone who isn't already aware, Graeme Beattie, @AB22 Easy Tiger died peacefully nearly 2 weeks ago.

His family will be clapping in remembrance of him, appropriately during the 22nd minute of the match against Preston on Saturday and would love it if you would like to join in.

I know most of you will never have met him in person, but many of you will feel you know him both through this message board and facebook and beyond as he was always keen to engage with and help any Sunderland fan, so please spread the word as best you can in person and on social media and make his family proud on Saturday.

For anyone who isn't already aware, Graeme Beattie, @AB22 Easy Tiger died peacefully nearly 2 weeks ago.

His family will be clapping in remembrance of him, appropriately during the 22nd minute of the match against Preston on Saturday and would love it if you would like to join in.

I know most of you will never have met him in person, but many of you will feel you know him both through this message board and facebook and beyond as he was always keen to engage with and help any Sunderland fan, so please spread the word as best you can in person and on social media and make his family proud on Saturday.

Great thought, Roger. Have you or the family mentioned the idea to Chris Waters? He's usually very supportive of stuff like this.

I know he's your mate and a big part of this community but do you not think all SAFC fans who pass should be afforded the same tribute. Its not possible to do it for all so why for some. Don't want an argument as no doubt alot of people who knew the lad will be hurting but it isn't best just to show our respect to all that have passed as we do normally around the Christmas time.

I know he's your mate and a big part of this community but do you not think all SAFC fans who pass should be afforded the same tribute. Its not possible to do it for all so why for some. Don't want an argument as no doubt alot of people who knew the lad will be hurting but it isn't best just to show our respect to all that have passed as we do normally around the Christmas time.
Indeed, you're right that we can't do it for all but we can certainly do it for the ones we all know about. Whether personally or just through this board, Graham was known to many and as has been said, helped many, both on here and anywhere else that he could do so. I'll be clapping like a good un from here, in Spain and at Christmas, I'll clap all over again for those other lad's fans who I don't know but have passed.

Clapping one individual doesn't take anything away from a collective applause, in my book.

Don't clap then mate. Whether you agree with these gestures or not, it's better to say nothing than post against the grain on a thread like this. It'll cause nowt but friction no matter how much you don't want an argument. More respectful to just read another thread.

i'm away so won't be at the match but will certainly be remembering him.
i never met him but he always seemed a sound bloke. it's odd how this little bit of the internet has so many folk you seem to know well but have never actually met.
i know what i mean anyway.

Same here. One of the few home games I won’t be at as it turns out sadly. I will see 12 of the 23 home games which is close to half of them and of those, I’ve seen my first two (Coventry and Norwich). Very disappointed that Saturdays won’t be one of them on my list.

AB22 isn’t the first. Most who passed away I never really knew even on here. Their name wasn’t really familiar to me. But Graeme, as he was called in real life as I learned, was a huge member of the forum. One of the most important and recognisable. He was one of the few on here who displayed patience and tolerance for me when I clearly have been denied it everywhere else. He was one of the few who were really kind to me when, again, everyone else failed to show an ounce of it to me. That’s why I will miss his presence terribly. I will never find anyone to fill his boots. I will never find anyone who could show 1% of the same patience, tolerance and kindness. I don’t know if I could mourn and miss many others in the same way.

I didn't know Graeme personally, and wasn't fortunate enough to have met him, but we had a lot of things in common, regarding football and music, and he's one of the RTG family, who'll be sadly & very much missed around this place and on FB.

I'll be applauding in his memory on Saturday, and will do so at the end of the year, for all MLF's who are no longer with us.

Last edited:

I’ll be standing up clapping.

And my partner.

Fantastic - hopefully a good response.

RIP Graeme and thoughts to the family.

I do I can send to someone if you can let me know where to send it too?

Thanks

Rachel

Try Chris Waters [email protected]

It might be a bit short notice as they do the screen stuff in advance, but hopefully he might be able to squeeze it in.

Did you know about the Heaven supporters branch? You can have a look at that here:

Hope you are all doing ok. Sending you my love and we'll be clapping on Saturday xx

Back