Cirkin

41 games in his first season and 30 games last season.

Hernia operation - medical issue rather than an injury.
Concussion - absolutely wiped out by the Millwall keeper and missed about 7 games due to it.
Ankle injury - was the result of a bad tackle.

Injury prone players are the likes of Jack Rodwell, John Mensah etc. People that seem to pick up muscle injuries every so often no matter what.

Cirkin has had one serious injury that has kept him out this season. If it continues then he'd fall into that category but not now.
I take the point you’re making but I can’t believe you put Rodwell in there as an ‘injury’ prone player. In my view, the issue was in his head and he lacked desire. He must go down as one of the biggest wastes of money we’ve ever spent as a club including the £70,000 per week he was supposedly receiving for years without and drop after relegation.

He's had a torrid year but apart from this hamstring injury his other injuries have been concussion, hernia operation and ankle injury due to a late tackle.
He is nowhere near as injury prone as people make out
It’s not what people are making out mate, his injury record is fact.

It’s not what people are making out mate, his injury record is fact.

He's had a serious injury this season that he is still recovering from.

Before that the biggest injury lay offs were because of needing a medical procedure to fix a hernia and concussion.

8 league appearances this season, disappointing for him and us. I really hope he’s fit and firing ready to go in August.

Such a shame for the lad this season, had he avoided injury he would no doubt have joined Patterson, Hume, Ballard, Neil and Clarke as being sought after players.
Disappointing for another reason has been Pierre Ekwah, definitely a talent, but has fallen short this term. Maybe next season will be a big one for them both.

We would certainly have more points if we had Cirkin fit for even another 10 games this season. He is a really good player, defensively sound and provides a lot of attacking support for Clarke.

Back