Chronical of a cyclist’s death avoided

Shivafever

Central Defender
Been riding bikes all my life. About 4 years ago I started road riding - going a lot faster and a lot further. Decided to get a helmet and wear it. Not a scratch on it so was always little voice asking why bother with it?

Well on Thursday was hit from behind by a car that was traveling at 60 f***ing mph. Bike smashed in 2, 2 broken vertebra, broken ankle, dislocated ankle broken rib and broken shoulder blade.

Anyway in RVI and counting my blessings.

The helmet was also split in 2. It saved my life.

Been riding bikes all my life. About 4 years ago I started road riding - going a lot faster and a lot further. Decided to get a helmet and wear it. Not a scratch on it so was always little voice asking why bother with it?

Well on Thursday was hit from behind by a car that was traveling at 60 f***ing mph. Bike smashed in 2, 2 broken vertebra, broken ankle, dislocated ankle broken rib and broken shoulder blade.

Shit that could have been a lot worse mate. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Jesus .. where was that at?

Fuck me rigid. Sorry to hear that mate. Get well soon.

Hope she's being prosecuted and hope you come out of this quickly and well mate. Good luck with getting some rest, those shoulder and rib injuries will do everything they can to stop you being comfortable.

Re the helmet, I NEVER ride without mine after coming off my bike and bouncing my head off the ground. KO'd myself, but it saved serious injury (and saved half my face being scraped off on the road).

Hope she's being prosecuted and hope you come out of this quickly and well mate. Good luck with getting some rest, those shoulder and rib injuries will do everything they can to stop you being comfortable.

Re the helmet, I NEVER ride without mine after coming off my bike and bouncing my head off the ground. KO'd myself, but it saved serious injury (and saved half my face being scraped off on the road).
Prosecuted for what mate?

Prosecuted for what mate?

Careless driving perhaps. Hitting someone (from behind) seems to indicate some kind of lack of care and attention. It could be that circumstances conspired against her in some way that means prosecution isn't necessary, but if she has been driving recklessly then prosecution is required.

Careless driving perhaps. Hitting someone (from behind) seems to indicate some kind of lack of care and attention. It could be that circumstances conspired against her in some way that means prosecution isn't necessary, but if she has been driving recklessly then prosecution is required.
Well maybe wait to see if that's the case then.

Back