Christian Eriksen

Also,

Another way you can support the Red Sky Foundation very easily, with no cost to you is to add them as your chosen charity on the Amazon App through Amazon Smile.

“Hey everyone! Wouldn’t mind calling in a little favour... if you
want to help make a difference to Red Sky Foundation while you shop in the Amazon app, at no extra cost to you at because Amazon will give to us as you spend so it’s FREE to support... and it literally wont cost you a penny

Simply follow the instructions below to select Red Sky Foundation as your charity and activate AmazonSmile in the app. Amazon will donate a portion of your eligible mobile app purchases to us.

How it works:
1. Open the Amazon app on your phone
2. Select the main menu (=) & tap on "AmazonSmile" within Programmes & Features
3. Select Red Sky Foundation as your charity
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app”

I did this the other day & raised 4p from buying me dads Father’s Day present :lol:

It’ll all add up more people get involved
Done.

There were times when it was playing out that I was taken back to watching Heysel or Hillsborough at the time. Same harrowing types of scenes and commentators put in a horrible position of having to comment, completely unprepared on the scenes unfolding before them.

Donated - A friend of mine's brother died due to an unexpected heart issue. It doesn't matter if you're running 1k, 10k or 100k - the point is raising awareness and money!
A lad I played 5aside with sadly passed away a few years ago, unexpectedly. I only really knew him from footy, but still, when something happens that is someone you know it is a shock.

We currently have close friends who are in hospital now with their new born. It’s all heading in the right direction, but again, it’s a serious heart condition with many more months before the bairn can go home. The emotions people must go through when this happens is something I hope I can only ever guess at.

It’s a sign of society today sadly. As soon as it was obvious that Eriksen was not breathing that feed should have been cut and gone to studio. If presenters weren’t prepared for a return, they should have cut to a logo or played highlights.

Dignity is seemingly a thing of the past, what dignity did Eriksen or his partner have? I don’t buy this notion that whoever was in charge of feed was not used to this situation. You know in an instant what is acceptable. And the utter bullshit the BBC have come out with as an excuse is laughable. They were an absolute disgrace.

It’s a sign of society today sadly. As soon as it was obvious that Eriksen was not breathing that feed should have been cut and gone to studio. If presenters weren’t prepared for a return, they should have cut to a logo or played highlights.

Dignity is seemingly a thing of the past, what dignity did Eriksen or his partner have? I don’t buy this notion that whoever was in charge of feed was not used to this situation. You know in an instant what is acceptable. And the utter bullshit the BBC have come out with as an excuse is laughable. They were an absolute disgrace.

As soon as we saw them doing chest compressions everyone knew then how serious it was and that should have been it - cut back to Lineker and co. Directors and broadcasters know fine well what to do when a streaker comes on, i.e. immediately cut to the crowd, so I've no doubt they knew what they ought to do in this situation...but chose not to for whatever reason.

At some point, someone is going to have said "cut to the wife". His partner who for all Inents and purpose was watching her husband and father of their children die in front of her. That's not "live TV", its f***ing Snuff.

No doubt, totally agree. But that wasn't with the BBC..they haven't got a time machine 1 minute ahead knowing what the broadcaster giving them the feed is going to cut to in a split second. It was awful taste to go to her. At least they cut away quickly and didn't come back. But that wasn't the fault of the BBC either. There are loads of people at fault here.

I imagine the bloke in charge, in a situation he's never been in, may have rang his gaffa to ask what to do, who then rang his gaffa, they showed some of it, then cut away to the stadium, then the fans, then the wife for a brief second. It's was madness the whole thing. I was watching and could barely breath or blink. The feed kept filming and BBC decided to stick with it. That's it . Lessons learnt. If there is ever a next time (hopefully not) they may have a contingency in place now .

We don't know what contract the BBC has with UEFA. Maybe all companies have to use the UEFA feed.

Also would there be the same outrage if this had been on ITV? I feel that the BBC is a bit of a bete noire for a certain kind of poster.
It's nowt to do with the BBC at all, though the crap they've come out with about UEFA controlling the broadcast feed is a feeble response and stirred it a bit more. Most TV channels are getting comments made about them showing the video. Read through this tweet (many others on twatter so not just a UK BBC thing) and you'll see some TV channels in various countries had the decency to cut away, others didn't. It was clear after just a few mins it wasn't good and he could be dead (or dying) but it went on for nearly 15 mins after he went down. So a bit of common sense would have been enough for the BBC to think to stop the broadcast regardless of them not controlling the feed and cameras as they didn't know what may happen. The BBC let the feed continue for over 10 mins even after he got shocked by the defibrillator.

to be fair it wouldn't just be to block TV cameras in this day and age the fans with mobile cameras would still need a screen of players in front of him
Not one fan close to the pitch was recording it so at least they showed some respect for the situation. This was a few mins after he'd gone down and you still see the shock reaction from a few fans. I've put it in spoiler in case any knacker decided to say "Why you posting images and then bitching about the BBC? I've posted them and people have a choice to look. They're all over anyway on media websites including closeups of his lass/players in distress but I want people to look at the fans being respectful of the situation and the clear shock on many of them even minutes after :cool:

Like I said, some common sense was missing as it was clear that he could potentially have just died. You can see the distress in the fans and look at the players, especially #8 and #19 but they rolled with it.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

This was posted by the Danish FA about an hour ago

No doubt, totally agree. But that wasn't with the BBC..they haven't got a time machine 1 minute ahead knowing what the broadcaster giving them the feed is going to cut to in a split second. It was awful taste to go to her. At least they cut away quickly and didn't come back. But that wasn't the fault of the BBC either. There are loads of people at fault here.

I imagine the bloke in charge, in a situation he's never been in, may have rang his gaffa to ask what to do, who then rang his gaffa, they showed some of it, then cut away to the stadium, then the fans, then the wife for a brief second. It's was madness the whole thing. I was watching and could barely breath or blink. The feed kept filming and BBC decided to stick with it. That's it . Lessons learnt. If there is ever a next time (hopefully not) they may have a contingency in place now .
Do you work for the BBC? ;) You still being suckered in by the "but UEFA controlled the feed so we couldn't do owt" from the BBC? If someone ran onto the pitch waviing what looks like a gun and started pointing it players and UEFA kept the feed up, would you expect the BBC to just roll with it and then show a player getting shot? As mentioned by many, they can easily cut when other stuff happens, UEFA didn't and the BBC didn't have the common sense to take action themselves yet other stations in different countries did.

You only need to look at the reaction in the match thread and social media when it was happening and calls for them to cut the feed when CPR was started. Aye people can turn off but that's not the point. Surely many in charge of broadcasting at the BBC must have had the same thoughts and they will know about the regualtions (regardless of whether they apply) but clearly decided not to do it. They showed the above freeze images up to around 5 mins after he went down. As I said, it was 10 mins after defibrillator the feed stopped but that's only when Eriksen was taken off. It wasn't because anyone had some common sense to cut the broadcasting of the feed, they just had nothing much more to show.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, the ONLY 'good' thing to come out of the coverage continuing would hopefully be alerting people to, and embedding in their minds the need for incredibly swift action and decisive leadership in such situations should they ever face them themselves, or to demonstrate this importance of knowing what to do if it is ever needed. This is, again, the only thing I can take some sort of solace from, and I'm not justifying the coverage continuing. I don't think it should have at all. But as it did, there might be some slight positive, and who knows, might in a roundabout way, help to save a life.
I appreciate that this might be a bit controversial, I don't mean it to be, but if there is some good comes out of it, then thank God.
Cutting to his wife etc, however, was beyond insensitive.

Last edited:

You just do what they when they're is a streaker on the pitch. Just pan to the crowd.

In my opinion, the ONLY 'good' thing to come out of the coverage continuing would hopefully be alerting people to, and embedding in their minds the need for incredibly swift action and decisive leadership in such situations should they ever face them themselves, or to demonstrate this importance of knowing what to do if it is ever needed. This is, again, the only thing I can take some sort of solace from, and I'm not justifying the coverage continuing. I don't think it should have at all. But as it did, there might be some slight positive, and who knows, might in a roundabout way, help to save a life.
I appreciate that this might be a bit controversial, I don't mean it to be, but if there is some good comes out of it, then thank God.
Cutting to his wife etc, however, was beyond insensitive.
It's not controversial at all ;) I've seen comments on here and twitter that kids have asked what was happening and been told and the kids were fine or wanted to know what CPR was. Others have said it's inspired them to look more into CPR or take more care of their health also so it's not all bad and positives are coming out of it also.

That would have been down to the director of whichever TV company was filming it, choosing those particular shots over a wide shot from the other side of the pitch.

All the BBC could have done was to cut back to the studio earlier, they had no other control over the broadcast pictures.

Given the state of shock the pundits were in after they'd had time to think a bit, I'm not sure whether they could have coped at all any earlier.

Back