Christian Eriksen

In what way marra?
The situation, although serious, was not in the end enough to stop the game from being completed when all is said and done. If the outcome had been the other way and he'd actually died on the pitch, I think the BBC would be in utter turmoil today. We'll thankfully never know, but the public outrage will have been lessened by the fact that the lad looks to be OK, though he'll probably never kick a ball in anger again.

The situation, although serious, was not in the end enough to stop the game from being completed when all is said and done. If the outcome had been the other way and he'd actually died on the pitch, I think the BBC would be in utter turmoil today. We'll thankfully never know, but the public outrage will have been lessened by the fact that the lad looks to be OK, though he'll probably never kick a ball in anger again.
Interesting take on it marra.
I don't do any social media, so cannot tell if there has or was any public outrage over the beeb's coverage.
I thought there was nothing wrong with it personally, and was not upset or offended in any way.

Interesting take on it marra.
I don't do any social media, so cannot tell if there has or was any public outrage over the beeb's coverage.
I thought there was nothing wrong with it personally, and was not upset or offended in any way.
The Danish TV cut away as soon as it became apparent it was life threatening and just used drone footage from outside the stadium. It's strange one like, although I think, looking back today, the Beeb should have cut away, It was hard to take your eyes off it as I was so wanting the lad to get up off the floor, but it was obviously not going to happen.

Apparently the medical team only had to use the defibrillator once.

Just to put that into perspective, the Spurs medical team had to use it 15 times on Muamba before he got to hospital and there was till no sign of life.

Apparently the medical team only had to use the defibrillator once.

Just to put that into perspective, the Spurs medical team had to use it 15 times on Muamba before he got to hospital and there was till no sign of life.
There is no perspective. Both players went into cardiac arrest and were technically dead. They were very lucky in the fact they were surrounded by very fit medical professionals who could continue to give chest compressions without exhaustion setting in. IIRC with Muamba, one of England’s top heart surgeons was in the crowd and came onto help. They could not have moved Muamba until his heart had a rhythm as you cannot chest compress 100% on a moving stretcher.
There is no perspective. Both players went into cardiac arrest and were technically dead. They were very lucky in the fact they were surrounded by very fit medical professionals who could continue to give chest compressions without exhaustion setting in. IIRC with Muamba, one of England’s top heart surgeons was in the crowd and came onto help. They could not have moved Muamba until his heart had a rhythm as you cannot chest compress 100% on a moving stretcher.
Stand corrected on Muamba. They did continue CPR into the ambulance. I’ve done Emergency Care course and we were told you can’t do it.

Last edited:

Stand corrected on Muamba. They did continue CPR into the ambulance. I’ve done Emergency Care course and we were told you can’t do it.
I'm referring to the use of the defibrillator, you're talking about CPR, they're two different things.

Apparently the raft of tests done on Christian haven't provided any answers on why he had a cardiac arrest - very strange, could it have just been a freak one off thing ?

I thought you were only technically dead when there was no brain activity? Wasn’t Eriksen more of a misfiring rather than stopped heart? Could be wrong on either or both counts here.

I thought you were only technically dead when there was no brain activity? Wasn’t Eriksen more of a misfiring rather than stopped heart? Could be wrong on either or both counts here.

No way they could be sure of anything on the pitch other than no detectable pulse. You'd need a ECG to be certain, and you can't attach the electrodes while you're giving CPR.
One for @Ghandi Floss would it be possible to bring the issue up to the club about having a defibrillator at the ground? They might have already so if they do just ignore me

Ideally, there should be some on the concourses, if the St Johns don't have them to hand.

Last edited:

Back