Christian Bakers Win "Gay Cake" Supreme Court appeal

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Your points are not points. They refused to sell a cake based on their own biases. Do you think as a general rule people should be able to do this or should religion get a "special pass" as it so often does ? Should a white person who hates black people be able to refuse them service in a shop ? Should people be entitled to refuse service based on their political views ? Where does it end ?

So if I ran a cake shop and a muslim came in and wanted a religious message on it and I refused to make it, do you think the case would have been resolved in the same way ?

I think you know it wouldn't.
Are you being deliberately daft?

Your points are not points. They refused to sell a cake based on their own biases. Do you think as a general rule people should be able to do this or should religion get a "special pass" as it so often does ? Should a white person who hates black people be able to refuse them service in a shop ? Should people be entitled to refuse service based on their political views ? Where does it end ?

So if I ran a cake shop and a muslim came in and wanted a religious message on it and I refused to make it, do you think the case would have been resolved in the same way ?

I think you know it wouldn't.
If a Muslim asked a Christian baker to make a cake on it that said "There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his Profit" the baker would not have to do so no. Now granted it's a very unlikely scenario that your tortuous logic dictates as an example. It nonetheless it's applicable all the same.

A gay baker would not be forced to make a cake with an anti-gay message on it either. It works multiple ways.

From what I remember neither side are actually paying for it. It's a religious interest group knobs and gay interest group knobs that have chosen to use this to fight their cause.
Apparently the folk bankrolling the case will now have to repay fees of 250,000. Which I think rather highlights the hubris and generally unnecessary character of the whole thing.

What are you talking about? How are their beliefs twisted? Christmas is both a Christian and secular holiday.

As an atheist I find their attitude towards things like Gay marriage appalling. Why on earth should I be forced to produce a product for a group who make the choice to discriminate against others in society. I wouldnt make one for racists, I wont be making one for homophobes either.

It was very much their religious beliefs marra.
It doesn't matter the source though ,let them crack on ,its their choice and i don't see a problem with them not doing something to suit someone else.There should be tolerance and respect both ways .
There is a YouTube club of Craig Bellamy refusing to sign a Rangers top.

Just thought I'd offer that as a comparison. He didn't end up in court.
Ask a Dj to play Kasabian and they'll refuse ,sounds spot on to me

If a Muslim asked a Christian baker to make a cake on it that said "There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his Profit" the baker would not have to do so no. Now granted it's a very unlikely scenario that your tortuous logic dictates as an example. It nonetheless it's applicable all the same.

A gay baker would not be forced to make a cake with an anti-gay message on it either. It works multiple ways.

Apparently the folk bankrolling the case will now have to repay fees of 250,000. Which I think rather highlights the hubris and generally unnecessary character of the whole thing.

Surely they would agree on this given they both pray to the same God and often Christians will accept Muhammad as a prophet? Allah simply means God, Christians in Arabic countries also refer to God as Allah, as they speak Arabic. Jews who speak Arabic also refer to God as Allah.

Last edited:
Surely they would agree on this given they both pray to the same God and often Christians will accept Muhammad as a prophet? Allah simply means God, Christians in Arabic countries also refer to God as Allah, as they speak Arabic.
Depends on how Mo makes that "profit", both texts have problems with usury. ;)

It doesn't matter the source though ,let them crack on ,its their choice and i don't see a problem with them not doing something to suit someone else.There should be tolerance and respect both ways .
Mate, if they simply didn't like gays this wouldn't have gotten to the supreme court. Religious interests were pretty important here.

Totally agree about their being tolerance and respect from both sides. I think both sides have been rank

Hope next time the bigoted twats order a Christmas cake somebody tells them to fuck off as they dont agree with their twisted beliefs.
They refused to put a political slogan that they disagreed with on a cake. You're making them out be ogres for no other reason than you always go down the mad leftie route. You're like a stuck record mate give us all a break and shut the fuck up, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back