Chris Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Cantona was a terrible trainer and loads of the other Man Utd players complained at the time. Ferguson known as a disciplinarian told the other players when you are as good ass Eric then you can do what you want as well!
Different players need different levels of discipline.
I’d kick him up the arse as well personally but it could just be the start of the players thinking what is this idiot doing.
If the players just aren’t buying into 3 at the back and he’s chucking the players under the bus because of it, we all know it won’t last long.
Are you really comparing him with Cantona?

Eric Cantona was a terrible trainer and loads of the other Man Utd players complained at the time. Ferguson known as a disciplinarian told the other players when you are as good ass Eric then you can do what you want as well!
Different players need different levels of discipline.
I’d kick him up the arse as well personally but it could just be the start of the players thinking what is this idiot doing.
If the players just aren’t buying into 3 at the back and he’s chucking the players under the bus because of it, we all know it won’t last long.

While plenty have said 'you surely aren't comparing him to Cantona' no-one has taken you to task on talking shite. Cantona was known as being the hardest trainer at Man U. The article below the likes of Beckham and Ferguson comment n how he used to stay longer than everyone else. I could provide more links saying exactly the same thing. It doesnt matter whether you are maguire, Cantona or anyone else you have to train bloody hard to be successful

the grigg role in a 433..the central of three forward players not wide of a three..his aggy nature could creat spece in there..while he hasnt the pace or skill to be on the wing..
Arguable that his best form for us came early on when he largely played out wide prior to McGeady being fit and in the side.

While plenty have said 'you surely aren't comparing him to Cantona' no-one has taken you to task on talking shite. Cantona was known as being the hardest trainer at Man U. The article below the likes of Beckham and Ferguson comment n how he used to stay longer than everyone else. I could provide more links saying exactly the same thing. It doesnt matter whether you are maguire, Cantona or anyone else you have to train bloody hard to be successful
I agree wholeheartedly. If anybody managed to get to the second line they’d see I said I’d drop him for not training hard.
And your links are probably right, I perhaps took the many stories about cantona not following the rules and Ferguson letting him do what he liked (Keanes book, lee sharpe interviews etc, can’t be arsed with the actual links. I think there is even an old thread on here!) as perhaps him not fully applying himself in training.

But I must remember to stick to the party lines, and cut the length of my posts down.

Shearer was shite by then to be fair.

Yeah and Robson was starting to use him less and was starting to use Bellamy and Kluivert more and Shearer obviously didn't like it. As soon as he lost his place Robson was sacked after finishing 5th the season before.

Robson was seemingly struggling to keep players in check, Kieran Dyer refusing to play where he didn't fancy supposedly happened. You would have thought a strong Shearer on your side in the dressing room would help keep some behaviour in check as well.

Disagree, if you are taking the piss you don't play, simple as. Had Man United put their foot down with Pogba he wouldnt think he ruled the roost now.

Letting one player carry on like this sends out a bloody awful message and before long you have half the squad at it.

Who say's he's taking the piss and did you not suggest McGeady as number 10 when Maguire is perfect for it?
He should. We’ve few enough players with the ability to create something out of nothing and wind up opponents.
But not IF he’s acting the arse in training.

I don't believe he is, otherwise he wouldn't make the matchday squad.

Last edited:
Who say's he's taking the piss and did you not suggest McGeady as number 10 when Maguire is perfect for it?

I don't believe he is, otherwise he wouldn't make the matchday squad.
That’s why I said IF mate, and since he was in the first 11 tonight it’s been proven to be the bollocks we thought it was.

Ha ha, shows how far we have fallen. It used to be 'Gyan thinks he is bigger than the club'..... 'Bent is getting too big for his boots'.

Roll on 2019 and it is the likes of Chris McGuire who is too big for us....jesus wept, when will it end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back