Chris Maguire

Upthere

Winger
Causing Ross a few problems in training. As I said last season he got dropped because of unprofessionalism and it seems like it’s creeping up again.

He’s not training to the levels expected and his effort has been minimal and he’s been warned by Ross that it won’t be accepted and to start putting the effort in again and regardless of how good he is on a Saturday it isn’t allowed.

Same person who told me this told me about his antics at training and turning up with friends, and it was proved correct when he was benched a few days later.

Causing Ross a few problems in training. As I said last season he got dropped because of unprofessionalism and it seems like it’s creeping up again.

He’s not training to the levels expected and his effort has been minimal and he’s been warned by Ross that it won’t be accepted and to start putting the effort in again and regardless of how good he is on a Saturday it isn’t allowed.

Same person who told me this told me about his antics at training and turning up with friends, and it was proved correct when he was benched a few days later.

No player is bigger than the club, allow one to get away with it and it sets the wrong tone.

The club has to be run properly despite what Maguire thinks.

He’s not training to the levels expected and his effort has been minimal and he’s been warned by Ross that it won’t be accepted and to start putting the effort in again and regardless of how good he
How is him being benched proof?

Players are benched all the time

There's also the possibility that this is exaggerated or even untrue, im guessing the average manager now regularly has multiple staffing issues to manage and resolve.

He reminds me of a 1970s type player. All talent and no application. He’s got to train to the levels expected you can’t have one person training to a lower intensity. Thing is he might get cult heroship for his cameos, but he’s never going to be fit enough to play 90 minutes for every game.

How is him being benched proof?

Players are benched all the time

I’m on about when he was benched last season. He was in good form and then got dropped because of events during the week- giving me reason to believe the person. And the week after he was back in the team giving the story more credibility.

I’m on about when he was benched last season. He was in good form and then got dropped because of events during the week- giving me reason to believe the person. And the week after he was back in the team giving the story more credibility.
Yea that’s what I mean. Players get dropped for a game all the time. I’m not sure what evidence there is to link it to ill-discipline

He was benched as he was coming back from injury wasn’t he?

Probably should have made this clear. Last season he was dropped because of poor discipline and I was told this story during true week and then he was dropped on the Saturday, therefore I believe this person.

But I’ve since been told he’s also been very poor in training and he’s been told again. I know he’s had a niggle but regardless of the injury he’s been slacking in training with a poor attitude.

Apologies for not making it clear I’ve been up since 5 :(

I remember listening to Bobby Robson talking about Craig Bellamy. He said he caused him no end of problems and issues and was an absolute nightmare to manage but it was all worth going through for what he game him for the 90 minutes he gave him at the end of the week when everything really mattered.

I'm not comparing Bellamy to Chris Maguire by the way but just making the point that if there are issues some managers might be able to find a way to deal with it and still play and get the best out of a player.

There is no evidence, the lad is just repeating some gossip he's heard ...

... he's not claiming it would stand up in court.

I’m just passing off what I’ve been told- and last time I got told this during the week he’d started the last 7 or so, was in decent for and was dropped and went onto play the next few. Wouldn’t swear on the bible but it’s what I’ve been told and last time it all added up.

Watch him start tomorrow, get motm and score a 20 yarder :D

Back