Chris Maguire wanted to play in a good football team

I'm not usually one for slagging off footballer's fitness as most who are labelled "fat" probably have a body fat percentage of around 5%, however, Maguire didn't do himself any favours.

He was clearly unfit, overweight (for a footballer) and blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes. He was unable to press due to this.

I enjoyed watching him for a lot of his time here, but you can't blame any manager for not playing him given the state he was in towards the end.

One of the better League 1 players when he turned up. Sadly he regularly disappeared in games and he will do the same at Licoln. Just hope he disappears when we play Licoln.

You just have to look at the amount of previous clubs Maguire has had and that will tell you all you need to know . If O9 had his ability he would be running out for England .

I agree, he should have played more at the end of last season, we may have went up if he had.
He didn’t feature anywhere near enough when our form dipped and as a result he was nowhere near match fit when he was called upon. He should have been subbed off at 45 minutes in the playoff. He was blowing after about 30 minutes. Don’t get me wrong the lack of fitness was partly down to him but in part was also down to the manager who suddenly decided that he wanted to play him when the pressure was on him to get a result.

Awful thread title. Maguire has said he enjoyed his time here, his time was up and he wanted to play for a good footballing team, which Lincoln are
Yep. All the negative people will just see the title of this and not read the interview. Suspect it hits its intention.

Great player on his day. Shame never been able to get the consistency. Would have played regularly much further up the pyramid.

Which is why he signed for Lincoln City. That and he reckoned LJ didn’t like him.

He provided some moments of class but was nowhere near consistent and only really decent as an impact sub or time wasting and winding the opposition up.

Good servant to the club but won't be missed this season.

I’m really looking forward to seeing Maguire in an Imps shirt, he may revel as there will be less pressure on him here.

Definitely think the Imps will be challenging again, as the squad is coming along nicely.

Back