Chris Maguire wanted to play in a good football team

I’m really looking forward to seeing Maguire in an Imps shirt, he may revel as there will be less pressure on him here.

Definitely think the Imps will be challenging again, as the squad is coming along nicely.

A fair bit of your squad is made up of loan signings isn't it? Have you retained any from last season?

Apart from Maguire, who have you bought/loaned this season?

I’m really looking forward to seeing Maguire in an Imps shirt, he may revel as there will be less pressure on him here.

Definitely think the Imps will be challenging again, as the squad is coming along nicely.

Assuming Lincoln will be aiming to go up the pressure is surely the same.

I doubt you'll see Maguire play more than half of your games tbh.

How come you've either got no new strip, or a class one without a sponsor?

How come you've either got no new strip, or a class one without a sponsor?
We’ve apparently got 5 sponsors that will each get several games each on the shirt.

Fans were allowed to buy it without any on which suits me 👍🏼
Assuming Lincoln will be aiming to go up the pressure is surely the same.

I doubt you'll see Maguire play more than half of your games tbh.
So long as he plays in the big promotion 6 pointers, I’ll be happy.
A fair bit of your squad is made up of loan signings isn't it? Have you retained any from last season?

Apart from Maguire, who have you bought/loaned this season?
Permanent:
Teddy Bishop (Ipswich)
Hakeeb Adelakun (Bristol City)
Lasse Sorensen (Stoke City)
Chris Maguire (Sunderland)

Loan: (season long)
Lewis Fiorini (Man City)
Josh Griffiths (West Brom GK)
Dan Nlundulu (Southampton)

Squad size: 26 (ave age: 23yrs 7mths)

Last edited:
We’ve apparently got 5 sponsors that will each get several games each on the shirt.

Fans were allowed to buy it without any on which suits me 👍🏼

So long as he plays in the big promotion 6 pointers, I’ll be happy.

Permanent:
Teddy Bishop (Ipswich)
Hakeeb Adelakun (Bristol City)
Lasse Sorensen (Stoke City)
Chris Maguire (Sunderland)

Loan: (season long)
Lewis Fiorini (Man City)
Josh Griffiths (West Brom GK)
Dan Nlundulu (Southampton)

Squad size: 26 (ave age: 23yrs 7mths)
If someone can get him fit and confident, he''l do well for you. He's a standout in league one when he's up for it. Lee Johnson ridiculously ignored him for most of our last dozen games or more, even from the bench and despite horrendous results and performances that saw our promotion hopes badly implode, but then what does he do in the play off semi at the SOL with you lot 2-0 up....he chooses Maguire to start the game. Utter madness. Whatever his perceived faults he was a far better player than several who regularly started ahead of him for us last season.

If someone can get him fit and confident, he''l do well for you. He's a standout in league one when he's up for it. Lee Johnson ridiculously ignored him for most of our last dozen games or more, even from the bench and despite horrendous results and performances that saw our promotion hopes badly implode, but then what does he do in the play off semi at the SOL with you lot 2-0 up....he chooses Maguire to start the game. Utter madness. Whatever his perceived faults he was a far better player than several who regularly started ahead of him for us last season.

showed that he was out of ideas and just chucking anything at the wall (if he ever had any ideas other than playing silly formations) but if wyke had laid off his horrendous miss to maguire who was stood 3 foot away from him in perfect scoring position we might have been talking up what we were doing in the championship this year.

personally think leaving him out of the squad was this year's equivalent of leaving Mcgeady out under Parky, though not as stupid overall

Strange that some folk on here are saying it was because Johnson wanted to play a pressing game, but I rarely saw any such gameplan under Johnson in the last 10 or so....it was probably used the 1st half of the 2nd leg of the play-offs, when it was too f##cking late anyway.

Says he was disappointed.

I was disappointed a professional footballer when called upon looked like he had a wok shoved up his shirt.

He never looked fit enough. That game at Gillingham away when he came on late as a sub, ran the length of the pitch once and was blowing out his arse just proved he couldn't cut it on a regular basis.

Talented yes, scored some screamers, and a shithouse to boot. But IMO he looked nowhere near in a good enough shape to perform on the pitch.

Sour grapes from the lad. He could have contributed to it being a better team…… but in most games, he just didn’t.In a 90 minute match, he had about 30secs of brilliance in him….the rest of the time….well, most fans know!!

Strange that some folk on here are saying it was because Johnson wanted to play a pressing game, but I rarely saw any such gameplan under Johnson in the last 10 or so....it was probably used the 1st half of the 2nd leg of the play-offs, when it was too f##cking late anyway.
Then when he finally tried it, he played a player who he’d pretty much cast to one side and had very few minutes on the pitch and was short of fitness.

Back