Chris Froome

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, when I was at uni, the lass across from my room was a UK amateur athlete, and she had asthma. She said she wasn't allowed to take normal inhalers as they were banned.

So yes, I expect opening up air ways could be performance enhancing.

The salbutemol just opens airways to normal levels..of course some would say its giving an advantage if he hadn' taken it

Reactions: PTR

Other riders have received bans for the exact same thing. He has to be banned. He wasn't just over the limit either, he was miles over.

Assuming it's found that the overdose was accidental and unintentional, the correct course of action would be to disqualify him from the Vuelta and hand first place to the second place cyclist. I'm not keen on banning a cyclist or other athlete for someone else's mistake.

If the dosage was necessary for health reasons, then he should have been withdrawn from the race by the team doctor at the time it was necessary.

Landis is an oxygen thief...
Agree it needs sorting and quickly, still doesn’t make any sense if he ends up sanctioned for a non performance enhancing substance..all very odd

Been a big fan of Sky, Wiggins, Froome etc over the years.

Last 18 months have left a bad taste....although that's probably just a contaminated steak.

Not looking good.

Yeah...though I’m more uneasy over jiffygate than the Froome case.
Looks like Froome will get a ban for something not performance enhancing while Wiggins escaped any sanction for something performance enhancing( if he was indeed guilty of owt)
Made a rod for their own back by claiming they were going to be whiter than white...always putting a massive target on their backs

Agree it needs sorting and quickly, still doesn’t make any sense if he ends up sanctioned for a non performance enhancing substance..all very odd
isnt there a precedence of handing out sanctions for this non performance substance, sadly? its ability to 'mask' seems to depend on who you talk to\read...

isnt there a precedence of handing out sanctions for this non performance substance, sadly? its ability to 'mask' seems to depend on who you talk to\read...

yeah a fair few have had bans for excessive levels, but also a substance that doesn't result in an automatic ban and an explanation is initially sought(not normally publicised by UCI)
The confusion regarding the masking seems to be the way it's grouped with some drugs that can be masking agents.
Mostly what I've read suggests it isn't a masking agent( to be fair I've read the odd thing that suggests otherwise)

If it isn't a masking agent why would he bother risk a ban for something not performance enhancing...seems strange.

Think he'll struggle to avoid a ban, especially given the noises coming from Lappartient. Bardet, Pruddhomme etc.

Messy either way

yeah a fair few have had bans for excessive levels, but also a substance that doesn't result in an automatic ban and an explanation is initially sought(not normally publicised by UCI)
The confusion regarding the masking seems to be the way it's grouped with some drugs that can be masking agents.
Mostly what I've read suggests it isn't a masking agent( to be fair I've read the odd thing that suggests otherwise)

If it isn't a masking agent why would he bother risk a ban for something not performance enhancing...seems strange.

Think he'll struggle to avoid a ban, especially given the noises coming from Lappartient. Bardet, Pruddhomme etc.

Messy either way

He'll get pelters at this years TDF....nothing new of course, but it could get very nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back