Chris Evans and his ‘emotional farewell to Radio 2’

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Used to love TFI Friday, and Don't Forget Your Toothbrush was decent enough

I'm fairly certain Evans died during the peak of his drink and drugs binges around 98-2002, and was replaced by a robot.

He's a completely different person now. He's like a parody of what would happen if the biggest crook you ever knew "found God" and turned into a CoE vicar.

He just got older and therefore out of touch with what's in fashion, what's funny, what's interesting etc. Happens to everyone I reckon.

Turn on another station. Simple

Do. Thanks for the helpful advice. Will have an additional option now though. Until she starts getting on my nerves. :)

This might seem a strange comment, but why are you listening to him if you don't like him?

I don’t. But when I listen to a record that he’s playing and he comes on in the middle of it to talk over it before talking over the start of the next one I shout profanities at the radio until he stops or until I switch over to listen to 1957 on Radio 4 extra or Jazz FM. It wakes me up of a morning

Not like him George?:eek:

Meh. Take him or leave him. Whatever. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do. Thanks for the helpful advice. Will have an additional option now though. Until she starts getting on my nerves. :)

I don’t. But when I listen to a record that he’s playing and he comes on in the middle of it to talk over it before talking over the start of the next one I shout profanities at the radio until he stops or until I switch over to listen to 1957 on Radio 4 extra or Jazz FM. It wakes me up of a morning

Meh. Take him or leave him. Whatever. ;)

Music subscription services are pretty cheap now. It's time to ditch the C90s.

Used to love TFI Friday, and Don't Forget Your Toothbrush was decent enough

All the lights going off and on in SR6 on a Sunday night, it was like a re-run of the illuminations.

Last edited:
I don't mind him but it really annoys me when he insists on having his kids on the radio, the little shits.
Same here. I usually have radio 2 on in the car but as soon as the show gets irritating, I stick my own music on. The last month it has either been his kids interviewing guests, a long interview about Strictly at least 4 times a week (never watched it, have no interest) or playing Christmas songs sung by a choir.
Most days I have not left the street before I’m switching to mp3.

Switch the show on random times every day, house,car and work. You can guarantee he'll be yaking on every time, he's worse than the adverts on commercial radio.
Name drops all the time, worse than Danny Baker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back